Click Here to Read Brady's Story
Tuesday, December 02, 2008
Yes, I know its been a while since I posted, sorry! Things have been chaotic, but good here. Brady is doing great, other than the fact he never sleeps anymore. I finally got most of my Christmas shopping done, but it has been a different experience trying to shop for Brady this year. He has made a leap forward in his developmental skills and no longer enjoys the baby toys. I did manage to get him some more age appropriate toys, hopefully this will challenge his mind, keep him busy, and keep my house in tact. He has been so destructive these days, he never plays with his toys anymore! I'm looking forward to Christmas, hoping that the new toys will give me some peace! He has already been trying to open presents. The funny thing is, he never tries to open his brothers presents, only his, like he knows which ones are his,lol. We have been missing lots of school these days, due to the fact we never get to sleep! Some nights he may go to bed at 2am, other nights he might not go to sleep and other nights he might wake up ready to go at 2am, its just crazy! Right now he is the only one that seems to be ailment free here. I have a bummed up arm/hand, just praying they don't recommend surgery, his dad has gout again and can barely walk, and his brother has been having ear aches and headaches. He has checked out of school 2 days in a row,and is now in bed asleep, which is very unusual for him. Thank God Brady seems to be dodging all the sickness, I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Brady has a dentist appt tomorrow, I think he has a small cavity, so not sure how that will go. He has appts on the 3rd,9th,12th and 16th, so its going to be a busy month for us here.
Well my hand is killing me, so sorry to cut it short, but gotta take a break. Will post more later. Hope you all had a fabulous Thanksgiving!!

posted by angelwings @ 8:58 PM
   1 comments
1 Comments:
  • At 9:51 PM, Blogger J.Hartig said…

    My son is three. He has Angelman-like symptoms. We had sleeping issues and spoke to his neurologist about a sleep aid. He was prescribed cyproheptadine(an antihistamine with a drowsiness side effect). It has helped him get to sleep, though occassionally he still will stay up late and / or wake in the night. His nighttime waking is much reduced. For what its worth...best wishes to you and your precious boy.

     
 
Home        Post        Edit        Post a Comment
 


What is Angelman Syndrome?

                 

About Brady

Read Brady's Story Here   

I am 11yrs old and I have Angelman Syndrome. I may have this syndrome, but I dont let it hold me back. I love life and live it to the fullest every single day. My mom says that our research organization, Foundation for Angelman Syndrome Therapeutics, is working really hard on a treatment or even a cure for me and my friends. I am thankful to have 25 words but I look forward to the day that I can carry on long conversations and talk so much that everybody has to ask me to please be quiet for a few minutes :) Anyway, mom says Im awesome and super funny and I have to agree,lol.

See my complete profile

Home      Post        Edit

Well, since Brady is no where near sleeping, thoug...
  Check it out, I lost my first tooth!!!!
  Brady has officially joined the snaggle tooth club...
  Well guys, not much to post, but dad is working an...
  Well guys, its been a while since I posted, so tho...
  Well guys, for those of you who don't already know...
  Did you guys think we had abandoned you forever,lo...
  Well things have settled down a bit here. My TV st...
  Well its been one of those days here! Brady didn't...
  As you can see, we had a blast camping this weeken...
 
Archives
Interactive Seizure Diary

This downloadable Interactive Seizure Diary helps you track your seizure activity and medication routine. You can also record doctor appointments and notes about how you are feeling. Before a doctor appointment, print the information and share it with your physician.

Angelman Forum & Chat

The AS Forum was created in April 2005 and provides an easy way for family members and carers of people with Angelman Syndrome (AS) to exchange information with each other.

Cure Angelman Syndrome

The Foundation for Angelman Syndrome Therapeutics (or FAST) is an organization of families and professionals dedicated to finding a cure for Angelman Syndrome and related disorders through the funding of an aggressive research agenda, education, and advocacy.

Angelman Links
Angelman Blogs
All About Epilepsy