Click Here to Read Brady's Story
Sunday, November 02, 2008
Well guys, for those of you who don't already know, Brady had a pretty nasty seizure Thursday night :( He went to sleep around 11pm, everything seemed fine before. I was sitting on the couch next to him, watching him sleep, when he jumped up, wide eyed.. His eyes were fixed straight ahead and he wouldn't respond to me at all. I thought that maybe he was falling in his brothers footsteps and was on the verge of sleep walking. I kept talking to him, but his head and eyes started going to the right side. This wasn't like one of his typical seizures, so it took me a bit to be sure that's what it actually was. As I carried him to the bedroom to wake up his dad, his eyes and head remained fixed to the right side. We got his magnet and diastat from the car, swiped him 4 times, but the seizure didn't stop. It did go from just his eyes and head being fixed, to his right arm jerking, and eventually he ended up screaming for about 5 minutes straight. It was about 20 minutes and 4 swipes later, that we gave diastat and finally got the seizure stopped. After about 30 minutes, he started throwing up, which hes never done after a seizure, so we weren't sure if it was from the seizure, VNS, diastat or a virus. He threw up from about 1am, to 7am, and developed a low grade temp, so we made our minds up that he must have had a virus. He has done well this weekend, but has been napping a lot, so his sleeping is all messed up at the moment. In between naps, he has been in a good mood, being a happy little monkey as usual. He still tells us that hes voting for Obama,hes definitely a rebel, lol. And for some strange reason he has developed a fetish with stinky feet and socks,lol lol...... He has been sniffing socks and even my feet all day, and no, my feet do not stink :)
Well thats about it for now. I will keep you guys posted on how things go here. We have increased Brady's keppra back up for a while, then will probably get his VNS turned up in a couple of weeks.
Hope you all get some rest, I'm heading that way shortly!

posted by angelwings @ 1:22 AM
   0 comments
0 Comments:
 
Home        Post        Edit        Post a Comment
 


What is Angelman Syndrome?

                 

About Brady

Read Brady's Story Here   

I am 11yrs old and I have Angelman Syndrome. I may have this syndrome, but I dont let it hold me back. I love life and live it to the fullest every single day. My mom says that our research organization, Foundation for Angelman Syndrome Therapeutics, is working really hard on a treatment or even a cure for me and my friends. I am thankful to have 25 words but I look forward to the day that I can carry on long conversations and talk so much that everybody has to ask me to please be quiet for a few minutes :) Anyway, mom says Im awesome and super funny and I have to agree,lol.

See my complete profile

Home      Post        Edit

Did you guys think we had abandoned you forever,lo...
  Well things have settled down a bit here. My TV st...
  Well its been one of those days here! Brady didn't...
  As you can see, we had a blast camping this weeken...
  Camping at Big Lagoon
  Well, me and the boys went to our first family reu...
  Hey guys, sorry I haven't posted in a while, its b...
  Hey guys, let me start off by asking for prayers f...
  Well its been a while since I posted so thought I ...
  Today has been a good day. Brady done really well ...
 
Archives
Interactive Seizure Diary

This downloadable Interactive Seizure Diary helps you track your seizure activity and medication routine. You can also record doctor appointments and notes about how you are feeling. Before a doctor appointment, print the information and share it with your physician.

Angelman Forum & Chat

The AS Forum was created in April 2005 and provides an easy way for family members and carers of people with Angelman Syndrome (AS) to exchange information with each other.

Cure Angelman Syndrome

The Foundation for Angelman Syndrome Therapeutics (or FAST) is an organization of families and professionals dedicated to finding a cure for Angelman Syndrome and related disorders through the funding of an aggressive research agenda, education, and advocacy.

Angelman Links
Angelman Blogs
All About Epilepsy