Click Here to Read Brady's Story
Monday, October 15, 2007
Well,Brady has had a pretty good day today. He has fussed some,but for the most part,things have been better. Brady has been gaining so many new skills since he has come off of the lamictal,despite the affect that the depakote is having on him. He is walking all over the place now,and getting much more comfortable with it. Yesterday,he got a diaper and a can of pediasure,went over,lay down on the pad that I change him on and held up the diaper and pediasure to me. He wanted to be changed and wanted a cup,it was so cute,lol.His comprehension has improved so much,its really amazing to see him grow. He has had such a rough time lately,I am amazed at his strength,we could all learn so much from him. Anyway another thing that he done,which I thought was cute,he disappeared,so I went to find him. I found my bedroom light on,then the bathroom light on,and the tub water running. It cracked me up,because he would have never thought to turn the light on before,but he turned both lights on,so he could go play in the water. Hes graduated up from playing in the toilets,now that can turn the water on,lol.
Brady is also eating better,for two days,we haven't been able to fill this kid up! Hes eating things that he has never had interest in before. Were very proud of all his new skills. Oh and he loves to throw balls and anything else that he can find,of course were learning to duck quickly. But were still very proud of his newfound skill. I think we might have a little baseball player on our hands!
One last note, I found out today that Colin Farrel's son James has Angelman Syndrome. Its so wonderful that Colin is being so very positive about his little guy,and about AS. Since Angelman Syndrome is so rare and often misdiagnosed or undiagnosed,this is such a great opportunity to help raise awareness and further Angelman research,and help those families that still need answers. I cannot imagine what this family has been through as far as being in the public eye all the time. I know that in the beginning privacy was such a huge issue for our family. It is so important that we,as newly diagnosed families,have time to digest such life changing news,in the privacy of our homes. And it is equally important that we be able to find support in other families that are going through the same things that we are,no matter how big or small they might seem to those on the outside. I do wish that there were a way for us to reach out to this family,as Im sure things can be very tough for them at times. Anyway copy and paste this link to your browswer http://www.celebrity-babies.com/2007/10/colin-farrell.html to read more about this story,what a wonderful family.

posted by angelwings @ 10:58 PM
   1 comments
1 Comments:
  • At 1:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Steph
    Glad to hear Bradys feeling better and progressing so well.
    Love Deb

     
 
Home        Post        Edit        Post a Comment
 


What is Angelman Syndrome?

                 

About Brady

Read Brady's Story Here   

I am 11yrs old and I have Angelman Syndrome. I may have this syndrome, but I dont let it hold me back. I love life and live it to the fullest every single day. My mom says that our research organization, Foundation for Angelman Syndrome Therapeutics, is working really hard on a treatment or even a cure for me and my friends. I am thankful to have 25 words but I look forward to the day that I can carry on long conversations and talk so much that everybody has to ask me to please be quiet for a few minutes :) Anyway, mom says Im awesome and super funny and I have to agree,lol.

See my complete profile

Home      Post        Edit

Well Brady started the day off with a bang this mo...
  well,its been another exciting week here in our ho...
  Hi allBrady has been doing good. The drop seizures...
  Brady is doing well,he is only having about 4 drop...
  Hey guys. We took Brady to the ER yesterday aftern...
  Ok,I am truly at my wits end here! Since 7pm tonig...
  Bradys drop seizure.
  Brady is doing well today,no poop parties as of ye...
  Maggie is home!!! She is doing well,but exhausted ...
  Just wanted to post an email that Maggies mom sent...
 
Archives
Interactive Seizure Diary

This downloadable Interactive Seizure Diary helps you track your seizure activity and medication routine. You can also record doctor appointments and notes about how you are feeling. Before a doctor appointment, print the information and share it with your physician.

Angelman Forum & Chat

The AS Forum was created in April 2005 and provides an easy way for family members and carers of people with Angelman Syndrome (AS) to exchange information with each other.

Cure Angelman Syndrome

The Foundation for Angelman Syndrome Therapeutics (or FAST) is an organization of families and professionals dedicated to finding a cure for Angelman Syndrome and related disorders through the funding of an aggressive research agenda, education, and advocacy.

Angelman Links
Angelman Blogs
All About Epilepsy