Click Here to Read Brady's Story
Wednesday, October 10, 2007
Well Brady started the day off with a bang this morning at 4am. He slept a few hours last night and was up at 4. Even after all the sedation yesterday,and still not going to sleep,he stayed up til midnight last night. I figured once he went out he would be out for a while,but he fooled me as usual. Anyway he cried from the time he got up at 4am til 9am. He was so tired,that he was just beside himself. I finally had to give him a sleeping pill so that he would get some rest. He slept from a little after 9am,til about 6pm tonight. He is feeling much better now,and is a great mood,but Im sure he will be up all night tonight. It was worth him sleeping all day though,I was getting worried about him because he was so exhausted. He is walking all over the place tonight,it still feels so strange to look up and see him walking to me,instead of crawling,but its an amazing feeling.
I called today and gave the doctor the go ahead with the VNS. They are going to get things set up and call us back with a time. I know in my heart that this is the right decision for our little man. He has battled so many different types of seizures,up to 5 types now,and has battled the terrible side effects from the meds hes been taking. We have to give the VNS a try. Even if he gets just a little relief,it will be all worth it,anything is better than what hes been going through lately.So I will post more later when we get the surgery set up. Please continue to pray.

posted by angelwings @ 10:55 PM
   1 comments
1 Comments:
  • At 12:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Steph, I found you! I rarely am online because my son takes up so much time. I know what it is like to be up all night with a kid.. ;o)

    I am so happy to have found you and Brady!!

    Hugs!

     
 
Home        Post        Edit        Post a Comment
 


What is Angelman Syndrome?

                 

About Brady

Read Brady's Story Here   

I am 11yrs old and I have Angelman Syndrome. I may have this syndrome, but I dont let it hold me back. I love life and live it to the fullest every single day. My mom says that our research organization, Foundation for Angelman Syndrome Therapeutics, is working really hard on a treatment or even a cure for me and my friends. I am thankful to have 25 words but I look forward to the day that I can carry on long conversations and talk so much that everybody has to ask me to please be quiet for a few minutes :) Anyway, mom says Im awesome and super funny and I have to agree,lol.

See my complete profile

Home      Post        Edit

well,its been another exciting week here in our ho...
  Hi allBrady has been doing good. The drop seizures...
  Brady is doing well,he is only having about 4 drop...
  Hey guys. We took Brady to the ER yesterday aftern...
  Ok,I am truly at my wits end here! Since 7pm tonig...
  Bradys drop seizure.
  Brady is doing well today,no poop parties as of ye...
  Maggie is home!!! She is doing well,but exhausted ...
  Just wanted to post an email that Maggies mom sent...
  Brady's Walking!!!
 
Archives
Interactive Seizure Diary

This downloadable Interactive Seizure Diary helps you track your seizure activity and medication routine. You can also record doctor appointments and notes about how you are feeling. Before a doctor appointment, print the information and share it with your physician.

Angelman Forum & Chat

The AS Forum was created in April 2005 and provides an easy way for family members and carers of people with Angelman Syndrome (AS) to exchange information with each other.

Cure Angelman Syndrome

The Foundation for Angelman Syndrome Therapeutics (or FAST) is an organization of families and professionals dedicated to finding a cure for Angelman Syndrome and related disorders through the funding of an aggressive research agenda, education, and advocacy.

Angelman Links
Angelman Blogs
All About Epilepsy