Click Here to Read Brady's Story
Thursday, October 04, 2007
Hi all
Brady has been doing good. The drop seizures are finally subsiding. He had some last night,or should I say this morning about 3am,but prob cause he was tired. I tried my best to tire him out so he would go to sleep last night,but I think he tired me instead. I put him in the bath around 3am and let him play for a while. But he still wasnt tired. Once he was out,he couldnt be pleased. He brought me a can of pediasure but didnt drink that. So I got him a bag of cheese curls,which he ate all of. He still acted hungry,so I got him a honey bun,which he ate all of as well. He then brought me the empty bag that the chips had been in,to let me know he was still hungry. So I decided that junk food wasnt going to fill him up,so we went to the kitchen. I put him in the high chair and cooked him some mac n chesse,which he ate an entire plate of. So finally he acted tired,and we went to bed. Not sure what time we went to sleep,last I looked at the clock it was sometime around 5am.
So we got up and went to town,where Brady decided to totally show out. He walked pushing the buggy through the store,and done great,but tried to clear off all the shelves and was grabbing everyone that went by. So I put him in the buggy and tried to park him away from everyone and everything while I picked out my shampoo. I had my back to him when I heard a woman saying,oh oh oh,so I turned to see what she was doing and seen that Brady had her by the hair of the head,both hands full of hair,pulling her face down to his. So we prized his hands off and I apologized while Brady laughed hysterically. She wasnt very upset,she said it was ok. Hopefully she wasnt tender headed,lol.
We left there and went to see my grandmother. Brady was walking all over the place,yanking dishes out of the sink and trying to clean off her counter. We finally got him out of the kitchen and he decided it would be cool to break a glass vase sitting on her end table in the living room,way to go Brady! He spilled smell good stuff all over the place. I cleaned up the vase and the mess,and decided I had to get hurricane Brady home.
He has been doing good though. He is learning left and right now. I think were going to start working with pecs soon,since hes learning to bring my empty bags of chips to let me know hes hungry,and empty containers of pediasure if he cant get to a full one,to let me know he wants a cup. The only problem now is figuring out how to make the cards accessible to him,without him eating them,lol.
Anyway Brady is still cranky,we think it might be from the meds. But we think some of it is that he is just plain out bored. We have to find something more constructive for him to do with his time. He will be starting school next Friday,unless there are any other snags between now and then. Keep your fingers crossed.

posted by angelwings @ 10:28 PM
   0 comments
0 Comments:
 
Home        Post        Edit        Post a Comment
 


What is Angelman Syndrome?

                 

About Brady

Read Brady's Story Here   

I am 11yrs old and I have Angelman Syndrome. I may have this syndrome, but I dont let it hold me back. I love life and live it to the fullest every single day. My mom says that our research organization, Foundation for Angelman Syndrome Therapeutics, is working really hard on a treatment or even a cure for me and my friends. I am thankful to have 25 words but I look forward to the day that I can carry on long conversations and talk so much that everybody has to ask me to please be quiet for a few minutes :) Anyway, mom says Im awesome and super funny and I have to agree,lol.

See my complete profile

Home      Post        Edit

Brady is doing well,he is only having about 4 drop...
  Hey guys. We took Brady to the ER yesterday aftern...
  Ok,I am truly at my wits end here! Since 7pm tonig...
  Bradys drop seizure.
  Brady is doing well today,no poop parties as of ye...
  Maggie is home!!! She is doing well,but exhausted ...
  Just wanted to post an email that Maggies mom sent...
  Brady's Walking!!!
  Not for the weak stomached!
  Just wanted to let everyone know that Maggie and K...
 
Archives
Interactive Seizure Diary

This downloadable Interactive Seizure Diary helps you track your seizure activity and medication routine. You can also record doctor appointments and notes about how you are feeling. Before a doctor appointment, print the information and share it with your physician.

Angelman Forum & Chat

The AS Forum was created in April 2005 and provides an easy way for family members and carers of people with Angelman Syndrome (AS) to exchange information with each other.

Cure Angelman Syndrome

The Foundation for Angelman Syndrome Therapeutics (or FAST) is an organization of families and professionals dedicated to finding a cure for Angelman Syndrome and related disorders through the funding of an aggressive research agenda, education, and advocacy.

Angelman Links
Angelman Blogs
All About Epilepsy