Click Here to Read Brady's Story
Thursday, September 20, 2007
Not for the weak stomached!
Ok I really need to vent!!! Brady has had two poop parties this week,one was in the new recliner,really bad,and the other was in his somatron ball pool,even worse!!! The recliner was so bad,I didn't know if we would even be able to get it clean. I was here by myself,not 5 feet away from Brady when I smelled it! He had quietly taken off his diaper and pooped in the chair,then proceeded to smear it in really good,all over the chair. I tried so hard not to flip out,but I think it must have given me super human strength,because I,by myself,dragged the chair out the door under the carport,dowsed it in pine sol and soaked it with the water hose. I at that point didn't even care if the chair ever dried out or was ever useable again,I was so aggravated. Anyway in between the chair cleaning,I cleaned all the poo out from under Brady's toe nails,fingernails,in between his toes,on his legs,chest,arms and hair. Not a good night at all!!!
Well just a couple days ago I was cooking supper,and trying to watch Brady. He was playing peacefully in the ball pool every time I peeked my head in to check on him. The next time I peeked in,he had taken his diaper off,and pooped again,but in the ball pool this time. He smeared it all over the ball pool,and all over 2000 balls. Do you have any idea what it is like to have to clean up 2000 balls,yeaaaaaa not so good!!! I left the ball pool for my hubby to help me with when he came in,but had to get Brady cleaned up,while I was cooking. Believe it or not,I managed to do both,and not even burn supper,whoooooo hooooo! I guess you have to be pretty inventive when you have a little Brady. So we tried to figure out how we were going to clean this many balls. We talked about putting them in a tote and getting the waterhose to them,but thought about the fact that the balls would all float away. So we decided to pour them in the back of my hubbys truck,pour them down with pinesol and get the waterhose,yet again. It worked like a charm. If someone would have told me 5 years ago that I would be doing something like that,I would have laughed in their face and said they were crazy. We must have looked like a bunch of crazy people outside washing 2000 balls,with the water hose,in back of a truck,lol.
Ok so anyway, the latest incident was this morning. It was pretty scary,the first part isn't really gross,but stay tuned for the second. Anyway Brady sleeps in our bed,where we always felt that we could keep an eye on him,and know that he isn't up roaming the house getting into things,plus if he moves awkwardly we always felt that we would wake up,just in case it might be a seizure. So anyway we were sleeping this morning,Craig went to work and Peyton to school. Craig shut our bedroom door so that Brady couldn't get out,or so we thought. Well Brady decided to get up and open the door,which hes never been able to open before,and he went to the kitchen. He did this all while I slept cluelessly. I heard him fussing,but he wasn't in the room with me,so I jumped up,shocked he was not in my bedroom,and ran out to check on him. He was fussing because he couldn't get the door open to get into the therapy room. So I opened the door,all the while noticing that he was drooling really bad. And thought,wow if this med is going to make him druel this bad all the time,were going to have to do something different. So anyway I let him in and went to the kitchen to get a drink,that's when I found the mess. Someone left the gate unlocked to the kitchen this morning and Brady had been in the cabinet's. He had all the cleaning supplies out,dishwasher tablets,Clorox,pine sol, go jo hand cleaner and even tin foil rolled out everywhere. The only thing I could tell that he had been into was the go jo hand cleaner,it was liquefied and he had poured it all over the floor,it was a full container. So I immediately ran back to the therapy room to smell of him to see if he had eaten any. There were little snail like tracks,where he had sat in the go jo and butt scooted all the way down the hallway. Anyway he had eaten some,no idea how much,he more or less drank it because it was liquefied. So I started calling poison control. Apparently its just an irritant and he should be fine,thank God. I'm just watching him today,no guarantee that he didn't take a bite of a dishwasher tablet,but I didn't see any signs that he did. We just got back from town,getting new cabinet locks covers for all the door handles,hopefully it will help keep him safe for a while,til he figures them out. Oh and back to the story,well I had to get dressed to go to town,to get the new safety supplies,so I shut him in the therapy room,where it is made safe for him. Anyway if you all remember we have a puppy,its really Brady's puppy. She is in the process of being house trained,and we are using puppy pads while we are in bed. But in the day we take her outside. So anyway I forgot to get the pad up this morning,and yep,Brady got into it,poo again, while I was putting my clothes on. He had just had a bath from the go jo incident!!! So he had to have another bath,and I had to clean up that mess before we could even get out the door. All of this happened at 7am this morning,what a way to start the day huh!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I told my mom,that he got it all backwards this morning,he should have played in poo and then used the go jo to clean it up,lol.So anyway,we are fine now,things seem to be calming down,thank God. I don't know how much more I can possibly take today!!
On a good note,Brady is still walking up a storm. He looks so darn cute. Always try to see the glass half full instead of empty,right?? I am thankful to have him in my life,and dont know what I would ever do without him,so I have to remember how lucky that we really are and try and overlook the bad things. But I have to say,I am learning a thing or two about patience. I have been learning to pull patience out of my toe nails,and anywhere else I can find it lately. If this is a test of patience,then I do hope that I make an A++++++++
No really,I cant complain,I wasnt so much upset or mad with him today,it just scared the life out of me,one,that he was in the cleaning supplies,two, that he had injested at the go jo,and not sure what else,and thre, that he was able to sneak out of bed,open the door and escape without even waking me. How do you make yourself sleep lighter??? Im just so tired lately,I guess last night when I fell asleep,not a mac truck could have waken me up,Im usually a very light sleeper.
Oh well Im done now,gotta clean up the rest of the go jo. Will post more later.

posted by angelwings @ 11:53 AM
   1 comments
1 Comments:
  • At 2:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Steph
    I am sorry about your rough couple of days, I couldnt help but laugh though. Just think what his new found mobility will bring.
    Love Deb

     
 
Home        Post        Edit        Post a Comment
 


What is Angelman Syndrome?

                 

About Brady

Read Brady's Story Here   

I am 11yrs old and I have Angelman Syndrome. I may have this syndrome, but I dont let it hold me back. I love life and live it to the fullest every single day. My mom says that our research organization, Foundation for Angelman Syndrome Therapeutics, is working really hard on a treatment or even a cure for me and my friends. I am thankful to have 25 words but I look forward to the day that I can carry on long conversations and talk so much that everybody has to ask me to please be quiet for a few minutes :) Anyway, mom says Im awesome and super funny and I have to agree,lol.

See my complete profile

Home      Post        Edit

Just wanted to let everyone know that Maggie and K...
  Brady is officially walking!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He just ...
  Great news!! Maggie is off the ventilator!!!!She i...
  Just wanted to let everyone know that Maggie has t...
  Brady had a good day today. He slept in this morni...
  Just wanted to let everyone know that Maggie seems...
  Someone shared this on the listserve and I had to ...
  What is Angelman Syndrome?
  Brady is doing ok today,but has had a bit of a fev...
  We have two more Angels to add to our prayer list....
 
Archives
Interactive Seizure Diary

This downloadable Interactive Seizure Diary helps you track your seizure activity and medication routine. You can also record doctor appointments and notes about how you are feeling. Before a doctor appointment, print the information and share it with your physician.

Angelman Forum & Chat

The AS Forum was created in April 2005 and provides an easy way for family members and carers of people with Angelman Syndrome (AS) to exchange information with each other.

Cure Angelman Syndrome

The Foundation for Angelman Syndrome Therapeutics (or FAST) is an organization of families and professionals dedicated to finding a cure for Angelman Syndrome and related disorders through the funding of an aggressive research agenda, education, and advocacy.

Angelman Links
Angelman Blogs
All About Epilepsy