Click Here to Read Brady's Story
Thursday, July 17, 2008
Well we made it back from the doc today and they said Brady's nose and ears look perfect. As always, it was a very eventful adventure. We walked in and signed in,where Brady was a big help,taking everything off the counter and guiding my hand,while signing in. I took him to the little toy room to play,but he was more interested in all the patients sitting in the waiting room. I tried my best to stop him from messing with anyone,but he,as usual, won. He went all the way around the room,going down entire rows of chairs,hugging each and every person. If he missed one,he turned around and went back to get his hug. He was determined not to leave anyone out. Its amazing how pure his love is,he never judges anyone or discriminates. It didn't matter if they were black,white,fat,skinny,young or old,he still had to give each person the same kind of love and attention,not once,not twice,but multiple times,lol. I did feel a bit like a soccer goalie by the time it was all over,from blocking the hair pulls and the glasses swipes,but we done good,he only pulled one lady's hair,lol. It wasn't long before he had the entire room smiling and talking to him,all eyes were on him and he loved it. In the play room there is a stepped up area that has rails,overlooking the waiting room. He climbed up there and held onto the rails laughing and playing with everyone there,just like it was a stage set up for him. I was telling another mom there,that he has AS and that's why he doesn't speak,but that he understands what we say to him. As I was saying this, he was so determined to be center of attention, he blurts out "hellllllooooo", very loudly,to everyone in the room. The woman looks at me and says well that was plain as day, and said hellllllooooo to Brady. Of course Brady was giggling and beaming from ear to ear. He knew that he had said something and that we thought it was wonderful. He has never said hello before,never even made the l sound before,so this was a huge accomplishment for our little guy. I think because,as he was hugging everyone, I was telling them that hugging is how he says hello,he heard me and he repeated it. I guess since all eyes were on us anyways, I should have just got up there and done a presentation on Angelman,lol.
Anyway, he may never say this word again,but that sweet sound is etched in my mind forever. It is so amazing,the effect that he has on people,he could make the hardest heart turn to mush. He made a lot of new friends today, I would be willing to bet that they will never forget him. Even though he gave out lots of hugs,he really was very well behaved and so darn sweet!
Of course when we went to the exam room,he refused to stay put. He had to go visit his favorite nurse,he knew right where to find her. He went up and hopped right up in her lap, I think he would stay with her if we let him. Its so funny, this woman has a nephew with AS,so she knows all to well about the hair pulling and glasses swiping. Right when he hopped up in her lap,she took her glasses off,we usually have to tell people to watch there glasses,but not her. Then of course he had to make sure that he spoke to every doctor,nurse and receptionist in the office,lol. He really was being a monkey today,but I'm glad he was in a good mood and that the hair pulling was kept to a minimum, I'm so proud of my little man.
Anyways just wanted to share our adventurous day. Were lucky to have a kid who loves going to the doctor,lol. Im gonna try and get some rest, since I couldnt get myself to sleep last night. After today, Im wiped out. I will post more later.

posted by angelwings @ 10:09 PM
   0 comments
0 Comments:
 
Home        Post        Edit        Post a Comment
 


What is Angelman Syndrome?

                 

About Brady

Read Brady's Story Here   

I am 11yrs old and I have Angelman Syndrome. I may have this syndrome, but I dont let it hold me back. I love life and live it to the fullest every single day. My mom says that our research organization, Foundation for Angelman Syndrome Therapeutics, is working really hard on a treatment or even a cure for me and my friends. I am thankful to have 25 words but I look forward to the day that I can carry on long conversations and talk so much that everybody has to ask me to please be quiet for a few minutes :) Anyway, mom says Im awesome and super funny and I have to agree,lol.

See my complete profile

Home      Post        Edit

Were heading out to the ENT to have Brady's nose a...
  YEY!!!!!!! We have our papi's and Brady couldn't b...
  Well,things are finally settling down here,thank g...
  Well I can safely say,that all he double L has bro...
  Well its official, I'm a bad mommy!!! As I was say...
  Hey guys! Brady is doing great today. He had enjoy...
  Well things are still going good here. Brady hasn'...
  Well,were still having puter troubles here,so sorr...
  Well guys,it seems that my new lappy has crashed! ...
  Things are good here, Brady has had a great day to...
 
Archives
Interactive Seizure Diary

This downloadable Interactive Seizure Diary helps you track your seizure activity and medication routine. You can also record doctor appointments and notes about how you are feeling. Before a doctor appointment, print the information and share it with your physician.

Angelman Forum & Chat

The AS Forum was created in April 2005 and provides an easy way for family members and carers of people with Angelman Syndrome (AS) to exchange information with each other.

Cure Angelman Syndrome

The Foundation for Angelman Syndrome Therapeutics (or FAST) is an organization of families and professionals dedicated to finding a cure for Angelman Syndrome and related disorders through the funding of an aggressive research agenda, education, and advocacy.

Angelman Links
Angelman Blogs
All About Epilepsy