Click Here to Read Brady's Story
Tuesday, June 24, 2008
Things are good here, Brady has had a great day today. So far so good on his med reduction. I really cant tell any difference yet,but he still has a ways to go. However,he has eaten really well today. I took him to the store with me this afternoon and he went wild for the chips in my buggy, he loves chips. So rather than letting him crunch up the big bag of chips,I got him a small bag to carry around. He was so determined to open his chips,before I paid for them. He was walking all over the store trying to hand them to everyone to open,it was to funny. I had to laugh,as most parents would be so upset over their child pitching a tantrum for a bag of chips,but it was so exciting to see Brady act like a typical 6yr old! Anyway there was a lady in the checkout line that kept telling him she would open them,but that I might get on to her,lol. I said to him,shes not going to open those chips for you,she snickered and said oh but I would love to baby,lol. Anyway the cashier took them from him to scan them and he thought she was going to open them,when she didn't he shot her the worst kind of look,lol. But after she scanned them I put him in the buggy and let him each chips while I checked out,he was very happy. He ate them the entire trip home, he would even let go of them for me to snap him in his car seat,he had a death grip,lol.
Anyway he and his brother played on the trampoline with the sprinkler while me and dad worked in the yard,it was nice to have him entertained so we could get something done around the house.
Tonight, Brady done the coolest thing!! I was sitting at my desk and asked him to bring my drink, well, he did it!! He even dropped it and it rolled away,he went over,picked it back up and brought it to me,how cool is that!!!!!!! His comprehension continues to improve on a daily basis,its the best feeling in the world,just watching him growing and developing!! :)
Well thats about it for now, I will post more later.

posted by angelwings @ 12:09 AM
   0 comments
0 Comments:
 
Home        Post        Edit        Post a Comment
 


What is Angelman Syndrome?

                 

About Brady

Read Brady's Story Here   

I am 11yrs old and I have Angelman Syndrome. I may have this syndrome, but I dont let it hold me back. I love life and live it to the fullest every single day. My mom says that our research organization, Foundation for Angelman Syndrome Therapeutics, is working really hard on a treatment or even a cure for me and my friends. I am thankful to have 25 words but I look forward to the day that I can carry on long conversations and talk so much that everybody has to ask me to please be quiet for a few minutes :) Anyway, mom says Im awesome and super funny and I have to agree,lol.

See my complete profile

Home      Post        Edit

Well we finally made it back from Brady's neuro vi...
  Well Dr. Brady felt the need to doctor something e...
  Well,Dr. Brady delivered his first set of pups tod...
  Well its been a long night here. Our Saint Bernard...
  Well its been another busy week. We had three litt...
  Ok, this is the 4th time I have tried to update to...
 
  Just wanted to let you guys know that we didn't go...
  Things are good here. I took Brady to the Ped toda...
  Well,Brady continues to have trouble with his foot...
 
Archives
Interactive Seizure Diary

This downloadable Interactive Seizure Diary helps you track your seizure activity and medication routine. You can also record doctor appointments and notes about how you are feeling. Before a doctor appointment, print the information and share it with your physician.

Angelman Forum & Chat

The AS Forum was created in April 2005 and provides an easy way for family members and carers of people with Angelman Syndrome (AS) to exchange information with each other.

Cure Angelman Syndrome

The Foundation for Angelman Syndrome Therapeutics (or FAST) is an organization of families and professionals dedicated to finding a cure for Angelman Syndrome and related disorders through the funding of an aggressive research agenda, education, and advocacy.

Angelman Links
Angelman Blogs
All About Epilepsy