Click Here to Read Brady's Story
Saturday, July 12, 2008
Well I can safely say,that all he double L has broke loose since my last post here. Shortly after I posted, that Brady wasn't sleeping at 3am,but was happy,he became very irritable and still refused to go to sleep. He stayed awake all night Thursday night,until 2pm Friday. He was screaming,kicking,hitting,pinching,biting and anything you could think of. He went into some kind manic episode,but would not go to sleep,even after having a sleeping pill that night. I ended up calling the ped about lunch time Friday,begging for ideas or a solution as to how to calm him down and possibly get him to sleep. We decided to go ahead and give him half a seroquil,even though he had already had a clonidine,which had no effect. Hours after the seroquil,he did finally calm down and go to sleep for about 3 hrs,thank God!!!!!! Friday night he again,refused to go to sleep and was manic again. My husband stayed up with us last night,to give me a break. We fought with Brady until after 6am this morning, when he finally closed his eyes for a while. He was back up by lunch and ready to go again. We are all totally exhausted here and in total shock. He has been doing so good since his surgery in March,we just cant figure out whats going on with him. I know that something is happening,but just cant put my finger on what it is. My mother n law came down today and could see that Craig and I were wiped out,so she insisted that both our boys spend the night with her tonight so that we could get some much needed rest. So we are childless tonight and looking forward to a good nights sleep. The only thing we can figure is that Brady is going through withdrawls from one of his meds,that we are in the process of weaning him off of. I hope and pray that things get better once he is totally off,not sure I can go another 2 yrs with absolutely no sleep. Anyways thats about all thats happening here, I will post more as it happens. Wish us luck!!!!!!

posted by angelwings @ 11:12 PM
   1 comments
1 Comments:
  • At 2:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi.

    I can totally identify with what you are going through. My own son, who suffered with CP / autism, didn't sleep for the 6 years of his life and I know the absolute frustration,exhaustion and fear which accompanies looking after a child with some of the problems you describe.

    It probably is withdrawal from meds, which are exacerbating the situation, but it makes me wonder, are the docs going too fast with this? I remember my own son being taken off benzodiazepines over the period of a month and he went crazy. Many years later, when we withdrew him ourselves over a year, we were much more successful.

    For the sleep, there is some recent research on 'cherry concentrate' which has been shown to help with sleep. Might be worth a try. Or he could be developing some sensory processing difficulties which need addressing.

    Peace to you.

     
 
Home        Post        Edit        Post a Comment
 


What is Angelman Syndrome?

                 

About Brady

Read Brady's Story Here   

I am 11yrs old and I have Angelman Syndrome. I may have this syndrome, but I dont let it hold me back. I love life and live it to the fullest every single day. My mom says that our research organization, Foundation for Angelman Syndrome Therapeutics, is working really hard on a treatment or even a cure for me and my friends. I am thankful to have 25 words but I look forward to the day that I can carry on long conversations and talk so much that everybody has to ask me to please be quiet for a few minutes :) Anyway, mom says Im awesome and super funny and I have to agree,lol.

See my complete profile

Home      Post        Edit

Well its official, I'm a bad mommy!!! As I was say...
  Hey guys! Brady is doing great today. He had enjoy...
  Well things are still going good here. Brady hasn'...
  Well,were still having puter troubles here,so sorr...
  Well guys,it seems that my new lappy has crashed! ...
  Things are good here, Brady has had a great day to...
  Well we finally made it back from Brady's neuro vi...
  Well Dr. Brady felt the need to doctor something e...
  Well,Dr. Brady delivered his first set of pups tod...
  Well its been a long night here. Our Saint Bernard...
 
Archives
Interactive Seizure Diary

This downloadable Interactive Seizure Diary helps you track your seizure activity and medication routine. You can also record doctor appointments and notes about how you are feeling. Before a doctor appointment, print the information and share it with your physician.

Angelman Forum & Chat

The AS Forum was created in April 2005 and provides an easy way for family members and carers of people with Angelman Syndrome (AS) to exchange information with each other.

Cure Angelman Syndrome

The Foundation for Angelman Syndrome Therapeutics (or FAST) is an organization of families and professionals dedicated to finding a cure for Angelman Syndrome and related disorders through the funding of an aggressive research agenda, education, and advocacy.

Angelman Links
Angelman Blogs
All About Epilepsy