Click Here to Read Brady's Story
Friday, April 04, 2008
Well,we just got back from Chucky Cheese. We had a good time,but Brady was more interested in socializing,than in playing. He made a lot of new friends,lol. He sat in the highchair at the table and grabbed everyone that walked by. Everyone was super nice,they all stopped and played with him,it just amazes me,the effect that he has on people.
Anyway when we first got there,Peyton went up in the slide,while me,Craig and Brady ordered our food. Peyton came rushing back to us saying that some kid,like middle school age, bit him! My first instinct was to snatch this kid out and confront him. I questioned Peyton a little more about it,and he explained that he thought this kid had special needs. He said that he kept following Peyton around in the tunnels and after he bit peyton,he giggled and kept pointing to his mouth,but he never spoke a word. I was really proud of Peyton for recognizing that this child was different,and not retaliating against him. Brady really has taught Peyton so much. Just before Peyton came up to us telling us this,Brady grabs some poor little boys hair. The little boy turns around and yells hey,but sees Brady and quickly calms down,of course I apologized. So when Peyton comes up to me telling me about the boy that bit him,I realized just how easily that could have been Brady biting someone,and that I would hope if he bit some other child,they would react just as Peyton did. Anyway Peyton didnt have any other run ins with him the rest of the night. Craig seen him later on though,and said that he did have special needs. Im so thankful that we didnt say anything to this child.
Brady has been really sweet today,but wide open of course. We have had a good day,all in all. His incisions look really good,where they took out the stitches. I dont see any signs of stitches left in,but were going back to the doc next week,just to be on the safe side. Anyways,I will keep you posted on any changes.

posted by angelwings @ 11:50 PM
   0 comments
0 Comments:
 
Home        Post        Edit        Post a Comment
 


What is Angelman Syndrome?

                 

About Brady

Read Brady's Story Here   

I am 11yrs old and I have Angelman Syndrome. I may have this syndrome, but I dont let it hold me back. I love life and live it to the fullest every single day. My mom says that our research organization, Foundation for Angelman Syndrome Therapeutics, is working really hard on a treatment or even a cure for me and my friends. I am thankful to have 25 words but I look forward to the day that I can carry on long conversations and talk so much that everybody has to ask me to please be quiet for a few minutes :) Anyway, mom says Im awesome and super funny and I have to agree,lol.

See my complete profile

Home      Post        Edit

Well,we made it back from the doc today. It was as...
  As many of you know,Brady still has stitches from ...
  Brady is still doing really well,but had a tough n...
  Well,just wanted to let you guys know that Brady c...
  Just wanted to post this article,about Brady, that...
  Just wanted to post a quick update. We went to the...
  Brady playing.
  Brady continues to do great. He is still sleeping ...
  Well,Brady continues to do GREAT!!! He is asleep a...
  Just wanted to let yall know,Brady is doing great!...
 
Archives
Interactive Seizure Diary

This downloadable Interactive Seizure Diary helps you track your seizure activity and medication routine. You can also record doctor appointments and notes about how you are feeling. Before a doctor appointment, print the information and share it with your physician.

Angelman Forum & Chat

The AS Forum was created in April 2005 and provides an easy way for family members and carers of people with Angelman Syndrome (AS) to exchange information with each other.

Cure Angelman Syndrome

The Foundation for Angelman Syndrome Therapeutics (or FAST) is an organization of families and professionals dedicated to finding a cure for Angelman Syndrome and related disorders through the funding of an aggressive research agenda, education, and advocacy.

Angelman Links
Angelman Blogs
All About Epilepsy