Click Here to Read Brady's Story
Saturday, March 15, 2008
Well,Brady continues to do GREAT!!! He is asleep as I type,its only 11pm!!! He crawled up on the bed and fell asleep,on his own. He has slept every night since he got his VNS,we are just thrilled. I have to say,this is the most sleep he and I have had in over a year,and it is just wonderful!! Im not sure what,about the VNS,has caused him to start sleeping. The only thing I can figure is that the jerks,that they called myoclonic jerks,while he slept,must have been seizure related,keeping him awake all night every night. He is so calm and still now when he sleeps,like a different kid,he doesnt jerk at all anymore. He goes to sleep fairly early each night,and sleeps til 7 or 8am. I swear,its almost like we have some normalcy in our lives now,lol. He is actually getting into a sleeping routine,which we havent seen in a very long time. Im so hoping that this continues,so we can pick back on some of our therapies,maybe even throw in some horseback riding now!! And hopefully he will get to start school soon,if everything continues as is now. Another cool thing he has done,is to sit and watch a movie,pretty much all the way through. For those of you who know Brady,know that he has never sat still to watch a movie,for more than a couple of minutes,so this is a huge improvment. Also,his shakiness and stumbling has nearly stopped all together,he is much more organized than before. I believe he was having far more seizures than any of us realised. Anyway,just wanted to catch you guys up to date on the progress here. I will post more later. Also,be sure and check out the video and picture link at the bottom,right of the page,for recent videos and pictures of Brady.

posted by angelwings @ 11:00 PM
   1 comments
1 Comments:
  • At 4:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, I've been following Brady's up's and down's since last year from New Zealand, when I clicked onto your site from a friends webpage. Just wanted to say, praise God that the operation went so well, and that Brady is now more relaxed and sleeping! Hope that things continue in this way for Brady and your family. I often admire your positive outlook on the adventures your beatiful son gets up to! Hope you enjoy some full nights sleep.

     
 
Home        Post        Edit        Post a Comment
 


What is Angelman Syndrome?

                 

About Brady

Read Brady's Story Here   

I am 11yrs old and I have Angelman Syndrome. I may have this syndrome, but I dont let it hold me back. I love life and live it to the fullest every single day. My mom says that our research organization, Foundation for Angelman Syndrome Therapeutics, is working really hard on a treatment or even a cure for me and my friends. I am thankful to have 25 words but I look forward to the day that I can carry on long conversations and talk so much that everybody has to ask me to please be quiet for a few minutes :) Anyway, mom says Im awesome and super funny and I have to agree,lol.

See my complete profile

Home      Post        Edit

Just wanted to let yall know,Brady is doing great!...
  Brady at the hotel,day before surgery.
  Well,we are back home. Brady's surgery went great....
  Just wanted to post a quick update. Brady is doing...
  Well I wish I had better news to post tonight........
  Well,its 3am here,Brady slept until about an hour ...
  Just wanted to share this one with you guys,stole ...
  Brady is doing well,like a wild man tonight though...
  Well we had a bit of a rough day Saturday,Brady wa...
  Wow,two posts in one night,am I on it or what,lol....
 
Archives
Interactive Seizure Diary

This downloadable Interactive Seizure Diary helps you track your seizure activity and medication routine. You can also record doctor appointments and notes about how you are feeling. Before a doctor appointment, print the information and share it with your physician.

Angelman Forum & Chat

The AS Forum was created in April 2005 and provides an easy way for family members and carers of people with Angelman Syndrome (AS) to exchange information with each other.

Cure Angelman Syndrome

The Foundation for Angelman Syndrome Therapeutics (or FAST) is an organization of families and professionals dedicated to finding a cure for Angelman Syndrome and related disorders through the funding of an aggressive research agenda, education, and advocacy.

Angelman Links
Angelman Blogs
All About Epilepsy