Click Here to Read Brady's Story
Monday, March 03, 2008
Well we had a bit of a rough day Saturday,Brady was really on it. As most of you know,Maw maw lives in front of us. Well we were all outside,when Brady climbed up into his wagon to go for a stroll. So Peyton volunteered to take him. For some reason Peyton took Brady up to Maw maw's! He came back in just a minute without the wagon or Brady. He said oh Maw maw wanted to keep Brady,lol. I said well you just take your brother and abandon him!! So anyways She had cooked dinner,so we walked up to her house to eat. When it was time to go,Brady refused to go with us. He was clinging to his Maw maw. I grabbed his hand and said come on,but he refused and bit my hand,then flung himself in the floor,still holding onto to Maw maws hand with his other hand. Everytime we tried to take him,he screamed and went totally limp on us,and tried to sneak a few more bites in,he threw and all out tantrum!! On one hand that's a good thing,its a leap forward in his developmental stage,but sheeesh not a pretty site. So anyways we left him there,after Maw maw begged us,and said she needed to catch up on her Brady sugar. So that night,we all went to a home improvement store,where Brady continued to cling to his Maw maw. When he was in the buggy,he didn't want me pushing him and would try and bite me if I tried. So Maw maw had to push him everywhere. Well I took him out to walk,thinking it might give Maw maw a break,not.... He wanted nothing to do with his dad or me and would try to bite me when I even tried to hold his other hand,he only wanted Maw maw. He refused to walk,without holding her hand and he didn't want Peyton anywhere near her,he was being a Maw maw hog. We went to dinner after and sat Maw maw on the other end of the table,which worked out pretty well. He ate a huge meal. When he ran out of mashed potato's,he thought that the white gravy in the other bowl was mashed potato's and he refused to eat anything until we fed it to him,lol. So he ate the entire bowl of gravy,lol lol. He was happy to eat other things one he ran out of that. Of course we had to slide him far away from the table,as he was trying to clear all the food from the table.
But we ate,and made it home without incident. He slept all night,which was a huge relief. Oh yea,I road him on Peyton's dirtbike,he had a ball. But now he thinks that everytime Peyton rides,he is supposed to go with him. He pitched quite a tantrum when we wouldnt let him ride.
Today was much better,but he was still a bit honory,nothing like yesterday though. He played outside in the sand all day,and loved it. He didn't want to come back inside of course.
He fell asleep early tonight,he seems to have an upset tummy though:(
Well that's about it for me. Im gonna try and get some sleep now. I will post more later.

posted by angelwings @ 12:35 AM
   0 comments
0 Comments:
 
Home        Post        Edit        Post a Comment
 


What is Angelman Syndrome?

                 

About Brady

Read Brady's Story Here   

I am 11yrs old and I have Angelman Syndrome. I may have this syndrome, but I dont let it hold me back. I love life and live it to the fullest every single day. My mom says that our research organization, Foundation for Angelman Syndrome Therapeutics, is working really hard on a treatment or even a cure for me and my friends. I am thankful to have 25 words but I look forward to the day that I can carry on long conversations and talk so much that everybody has to ask me to please be quiet for a few minutes :) Anyway, mom says Im awesome and super funny and I have to agree,lol.

See my complete profile

Home      Post        Edit

Wow,two posts in one night,am I on it or what,lol....
  Just wanted to post a quick update on Brady. He is...
  Things are going well here. Brady seems to be over...
 
 
 
 
 
  Just wanted to let everyone know that Brady is doi...
  Its 6:30am here and we havent been to bed yet. At ...
 
Archives
Interactive Seizure Diary

This downloadable Interactive Seizure Diary helps you track your seizure activity and medication routine. You can also record doctor appointments and notes about how you are feeling. Before a doctor appointment, print the information and share it with your physician.

Angelman Forum & Chat

The AS Forum was created in April 2005 and provides an easy way for family members and carers of people with Angelman Syndrome (AS) to exchange information with each other.

Cure Angelman Syndrome

The Foundation for Angelman Syndrome Therapeutics (or FAST) is an organization of families and professionals dedicated to finding a cure for Angelman Syndrome and related disorders through the funding of an aggressive research agenda, education, and advocacy.

Angelman Links
Angelman Blogs
All About Epilepsy