Click Here to Read Brady's Story
Friday, February 15, 2008
Its 6:30am here and we havent been to bed yet. At the moment Brady is jumping up and down on the bed and acts as like someone on a major sugar high. I swear he acts like its just middle of he day for him. I dont know how this kid gets away with so little sleep,mom doesnt fair as well Im afraid.
I dont know what they dosed his IV up with this week,but man hes been on it and I want some of what he had!! He has been climbing on everything,I have had to totally rearrange the furniture,in hopes it will now be Brady friendly. His new favorite thing to do is climb on top of the hot tub,which is prob 4 ft or
more off the ground!
For some unknown reason,Brady has started back eating. I dont know if it has anything to do with the high powered anibiotics or not,but I pray it continues. He is eating like a piggy. I call him a bottom feeder,he scavenges on any piece of food he can find,and loves to steal big brothers leftovers out of his lunch box. We just cant fill this kid up!
He has also turned into a regular Chip N Dale. I cant keep clothes on him.. I have tried everything from duct taping diapers,overalls,footie pjs,footie pjs backwards,altered footie pjs,nothing works,he is just a regular Houdini!! I think its time for potty training at this point,as he is taking his diaper off to go potty,or if he does accidentally go beforehand,he will bring the wipes and diapers to clean him up. I do try sitting him on the potty,but he will hold it for as long as I make him sit there,not sure how were going to get this potty thing kicked off just yet. As someone told me before,repitition is the key to learning,so were just going to have to stick with it.
Anyway he is doing great,hes mastered zippers,opening and closing things,putting lids on and off,throwing a ball or anything else he can find. This kid hase got a good arm on him thats for sure,so be prepared to duck. He almost ordered something on tv from the shopping network last night,he has a new facination with the remotes and his mommys love for shopping,lol. He is also getting very good at answering yes and no questions,appropriately. I would say he prob answers correctly about 80% of the time,which is huge for him and his communication. As I said hes doing great,if he would only sleep more than 2 or 3 hrs a day,uhhhh.
Well thats about it for now. I will keep posting as it happens. Hope everyone has a great day!

posted by angelwings @ 6:31 AM
   2 comments
2 Comments:
  • At 6:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey There!

    I don't know if this will work for Brady since he seems to be quite the Houdini but for one of my little angel friends, their mum takes ordinary shirts and shorts etc and sews them together to make them all in one outfits with a zipper or buttons up the back... You can't tell that their clothes have been altered and it is the only thing that has stopped my angel from having naked poo parties! Having said that he is working very hard at trying to find a way to escape his clothes but so far so good! Fingers crossed!

     
  • At 1:18 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Girl, I don't know how you do it! You and Brady are quite the all night party animals! :P I just want you to know that I've been thinking of you. Glad to see Brady is feeling better and eating well. Hopefully, he will keep his clothes on and sleep for you soon! Maybe on Mother's day? Love you girlie!

     
 
Home        Post        Edit        Post a Comment
 


What is Angelman Syndrome?

                 

About Brady

Read Brady's Story Here   

I am 11yrs old and I have Angelman Syndrome. I may have this syndrome, but I dont let it hold me back. I love life and live it to the fullest every single day. My mom says that our research organization, Foundation for Angelman Syndrome Therapeutics, is working really hard on a treatment or even a cure for me and my friends. I am thankful to have 25 words but I look forward to the day that I can carry on long conversations and talk so much that everybody has to ask me to please be quiet for a few minutes :) Anyway, mom says Im awesome and super funny and I have to agree,lol.

See my complete profile

Home      Post        Edit

Well we just got in today from a 3 day hospital st...
  Well some of you might not know this,but Bradys su...
  Well it’s been a crazy 2 weeks here!!! We started ...
 
  Well,we spent the day at my grandmothers house tod...
  Okay this is a brag,so fair warning to all readers...
  Things are going good here,other than battling an ...
  Just wanted to let everyone know that Brady is doi...
  Just wanted to let everyone know that Brady got hi...
  Well Im not sure how much I have already posted ab...
 
Archives
Interactive Seizure Diary

This downloadable Interactive Seizure Diary helps you track your seizure activity and medication routine. You can also record doctor appointments and notes about how you are feeling. Before a doctor appointment, print the information and share it with your physician.

Angelman Forum & Chat

The AS Forum was created in April 2005 and provides an easy way for family members and carers of people with Angelman Syndrome (AS) to exchange information with each other.

Cure Angelman Syndrome

The Foundation for Angelman Syndrome Therapeutics (or FAST) is an organization of families and professionals dedicated to finding a cure for Angelman Syndrome and related disorders through the funding of an aggressive research agenda, education, and advocacy.

Angelman Links
Angelman Blogs
All About Epilepsy