Click Here to Read Brady's Story
Friday, February 01, 2008
Well it’s been a crazy 2 weeks here!!! We started off last Thursday, by having to go get big brother from school, he was running a temp. He continued to be sick through the weekend, and then Brady started with a fever Sunday. By Monday, I started running fever and feeling really nasty. So on Tuesday we tested Brady for the flu, which he tested positive. So Tuesday afternoon, dad comes in from work sick, uhhhh. We all ended up having the flu, and have been so-so sick!!! Brady's fever actually broke on Tuesday, so we were thinking that maybe he had a very light case and that we would get off lucky. Meanwhile, Peyton seems some better, no fever by Tuesday, so he goes back to school, only to have to check out yet again. He missed school on Wed and went back on Thursday. He started running temp Thursday night, again and crying with his ears, as we suspected. So we started him on an antibiotic, but he is still running a temp as we speak. As for Brady, he went back to the ENT today, fever free as he has been most of the week. The ENT said his ears looked perfect. They were clear and not draining this morning when we went to the doc. So after we came in this afternoon he decided to take a nap, since he only slept two hrs last night. When he woke up, he had a fever. Since his surgery is scheduled for this coming Wed, we were in a panic. The doc had us take him to the hospital, since it was after hrs and he got an antibiotic shot, hoping to get him well before his surgery. The doc said that pneumonia and ear infection are two of the biggest complications from the flu, so he wasn’t surprised. Anyways we went ahead with the chest x-ray as well, to see what were up against, before we decide what to do about the surgery. While we were there, they used an ear thermometer to check Brady's temp and much to our surprise, his ear was draining!!!!!!!!!! I swear it wasn’t draining just hours before, what the heck!! So apparently, both boys have ear infections now, after just getting over the flu. Craig and I are both weak as water at this point, however Craig is not feeling better at all. He is running a temp tonight. All three of my boys are running fever right now :( I seem to be the only one that is getting completely well at the moment, knock on wood. Sooooooo, please say a huge prayer that my family can get well and that Brady will be well enough for his surgery on Wed. If he can’t get it then, it will be put off for some time I’m sure. Oh yeah, if any of this doesn’t make sense, just read through as best ya can, I’m goin on being sick all week and 2hrs sleep, so bare with me. I will post more as I have time, but before Wed for sure. So keep reading and I will let ya know if we make to surgery or not and don’t forget to say those prayers!!!!

posted by angelwings @ 8:41 PM
   1 comments
1 Comments:
  • At 5:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thank you Lord for the Fore family. Thank you that they love and care for their kids so much and that they only want good for them. I know that you've given Brady to them for a reason and I just ask that you make young Brady ready and infection free for this surgery that he needs. Lord, I pray that you'll be with them and comfort them as Brady goes through this VNS surgery and that you'll guide the surgeons hands skillfully as this surgery is done. Lord, I also pray that the VNS is successful to stop the seizures, in Jesus name. Amen!

     
 
Home        Post        Edit        Post a Comment
 


What is Angelman Syndrome?

                 

About Brady

Read Brady's Story Here   

I am 11yrs old and I have Angelman Syndrome. I may have this syndrome, but I dont let it hold me back. I love life and live it to the fullest every single day. My mom says that our research organization, Foundation for Angelman Syndrome Therapeutics, is working really hard on a treatment or even a cure for me and my friends. I am thankful to have 25 words but I look forward to the day that I can carry on long conversations and talk so much that everybody has to ask me to please be quiet for a few minutes :) Anyway, mom says Im awesome and super funny and I have to agree,lol.

See my complete profile

Home      Post        Edit


  Well,we spent the day at my grandmothers house tod...
  Okay this is a brag,so fair warning to all readers...
  Things are going good here,other than battling an ...
  Just wanted to let everyone know that Brady is doi...
  Just wanted to let everyone know that Brady got hi...
  Well Im not sure how much I have already posted ab...
  Well since I have been neglecting Brady's blog,I f...
  Well its been a busy Christmas! We had 3 celebrati...
  Merry Christmas Comment Graphics
 
Archives
Interactive Seizure Diary

This downloadable Interactive Seizure Diary helps you track your seizure activity and medication routine. You can also record doctor appointments and notes about how you are feeling. Before a doctor appointment, print the information and share it with your physician.

Angelman Forum & Chat

The AS Forum was created in April 2005 and provides an easy way for family members and carers of people with Angelman Syndrome (AS) to exchange information with each other.

Cure Angelman Syndrome

The Foundation for Angelman Syndrome Therapeutics (or FAST) is an organization of families and professionals dedicated to finding a cure for Angelman Syndrome and related disorders through the funding of an aggressive research agenda, education, and advocacy.

Angelman Links
Angelman Blogs
All About Epilepsy