Click Here to Read Brady's Story
Wednesday, January 02, 2008
Well since I have been neglecting Brady's blog,I figured I should post with an update on everything that's going on here. Brady has had ear infection for more than 2 weeks now,and spent Christmas sick,uhhh. So he had two different antibiotics and had a rocephin shot,but nothing has touched the ear infection so far. And now Brady has a nasty cough,fever and runny nose,and is even more cranky than before. We think if he doesn't already have pneumonia,hes well on his way to getting it. So we went today for blood work and a chest xray to check for that,then had to go the ENT. He said Brady's ears are still full of infection,and its obvious that just antibiotics isnt going to do it. So were going Jan 9th to get our third set of tubes put in. Meanwhile we have to find out whats going on with his chest and decide what to do about that. But tomorrow we go to the neuro,they called and changed our next weeks appt to tomorrow,woohooo,not! But we will still be going to the surgeon next week for the VNS consultation,so hopefully that will be coming up soon. Its been totally crazy here lately!!! I will be so glad when all this is behind us and we get our happy little man back. But the one good thing I can say is that so far,knock on wood,we haven't seen any seizures,which totally surprises me. So keep Brady in your prayers,pray that he gets through all of this soon,and that he remains seizure free.
Anyways we didn't get in til 8pm tonight,then had to clean poop out of the van seat. Brady had a poop party on the way to the doctors visit today :( So I'm beat,I'm going to get some rest,its going to be another long night. I will post more as we find out. Thank you all so very much for your support and for your prayers,it means a lot.:)

posted by angelwings @ 9:49 PM
   0 comments
0 Comments:
 
Home        Post        Edit        Post a Comment
 


What is Angelman Syndrome?

                 

About Brady

Read Brady's Story Here   

I am 11yrs old and I have Angelman Syndrome. I may have this syndrome, but I dont let it hold me back. I love life and live it to the fullest every single day. My mom says that our research organization, Foundation for Angelman Syndrome Therapeutics, is working really hard on a treatment or even a cure for me and my friends. I am thankful to have 25 words but I look forward to the day that I can carry on long conversations and talk so much that everybody has to ask me to please be quiet for a few minutes :) Anyway, mom says Im awesome and super funny and I have to agree,lol.

See my complete profile

Home      Post        Edit

Well its been a busy Christmas! We had 3 celebrati...
  Merry Christmas Comment Graphics
  A night of haircuts and poop parties really tires...
  Hi everyone!! I'm sorry I'm behind on my posts,Bra...
  Well we went to the ENT today. Brady has a major e...
  Just wanted to update everyone on how the docs app...
  Just wanted to let everyone know,that were going b...
  Just wanted to post a quick update. We are going t...
  Well Im sitting here at 3am,realising how very luc...
  Well I took Brady to the doc today. As I suspected...
 
Archives
Interactive Seizure Diary

This downloadable Interactive Seizure Diary helps you track your seizure activity and medication routine. You can also record doctor appointments and notes about how you are feeling. Before a doctor appointment, print the information and share it with your physician.

Angelman Forum & Chat

The AS Forum was created in April 2005 and provides an easy way for family members and carers of people with Angelman Syndrome (AS) to exchange information with each other.

Cure Angelman Syndrome

The Foundation for Angelman Syndrome Therapeutics (or FAST) is an organization of families and professionals dedicated to finding a cure for Angelman Syndrome and related disorders through the funding of an aggressive research agenda, education, and advocacy.

Angelman Links
Angelman Blogs
All About Epilepsy