Click Here to Read Brady's Story
Saturday, December 08, 2007
Well Im sitting here at 3am,realising how very lucky I am. Most people would be sleeping by now,but instead I sit here and listen to my sweet Angel jabber in his sleep. My heart is overflowing with emotions; Guilt for getting frustrated over the many things that didn't go the way I thought they should or for getting upset over the many the spilled drinks,poop parties,or manic messes. My heart is overflowing with joy,thankfulness,and such love,as Brady sleeps so peacefully and giggles with the sweetest dreams,and every now and then says,ok,ok,ok, my mama,or gagaga. I swear its like listening to Angels singing,I could sit here all night and just listen to him jabber,giggle and watch him sleep,he is my very precious little Angel.
It really hit me today,when the doc asked me,"how I handled this all the time",this,being Brady's hyper activity and downright stubbornness at times,lol. Brady was being a pill with the doctor ,but his doc is an amazing,compassionate man,and he loves Brady so very much. He is yet another of the many blessings God placed in our lives. Anyways I explained to him,that I could look at the glass half empty or half full,and that I had to be thankful for the many things,good and bad,that Brady does. I told him that their are so many parents that dream of their kiddos doing the things Brady does,no matter how bad the things might be. There are so many children and adults even,that aren't able to physically do these things. It hit me,how fortunate we really are. Brady is a happy,healthy,absolutely wonderful and precious little boy. He has so much unconditional love to give,loves everyone equally,never meets a stranger,and everyone is a friend. Whether they be big,fat,tall,short,skinny,black,white,purple or pink,he treats them all the same. He is so very innocent in everything he does. He is eager to please and to make people love him,and to make people laugh. He is a very special little soul. I was telling someone tonight,that the fact that Brady has Angelman Syndrome isn't a stress at all to me. Brady is who he is,and AS is a part of that. I love everything about him,he is just perfect,the way God intended him. The thing that does bother me,is when someone looks at him with disgust,or with the look,that they pity him. Brady isn't to be pitied, he isn't the one that has the problem. He is happy,no matter what. He loves his life and everything about it. Those people that don't see Brady as a person,but as just a disabled person or a nuisance,are the people that have the problem. Those are the people that have a disability much greater than Brady. If they take the time to get to know this little man,they could really learn from him. And if they dont,well then thats their loss,and they have lost the chance at being blessed. Anyways,that and the seizures are my only major stresses when it comes to Brady. That's not to say that he doesn't make life very challenging and extremely interesting at times,but he is soooooo worth it. Its funny how some people take the little things for granted in life,such as their kids learning to crawl,walk,get into the cabinets,flush the phone down the toilet,sticking cue tips in the vcr,sneaking into the fridge taking everything out,etc. But with us,we tried to show Brady how to do those things,dreaming of the day that he would be able to do them on his own,not ever sure that he would. So I'm learning to never take any of those things for granted,but to be thankful that Brady can do them. And I have to admit,he keeps me from being bored,and if you really think about,it can be downright amusing at times,lol.
So anyways,I just wanted to share that with everyone. I'm sitting here counting my blessings tonight,and yes,feeling mushy! Guess I'm realising how my sweet boys are growing up. My oldest son wont even give me sugar on the lips anymore,he turns the cheek,lol. I am so very proud of him as well. He is one of the most compassionate,kind and generous 9yr olds you will ever meet. He thinks anyone with special needs,must be an Angel,he is too sweet! He is a special little boy,in a different way than Brady,but still very special. I'm so darn proud of both of them. Ok I'm done being mushy,gonna get some sleep now.
Just remember,be thankful for the little things in life,and make the most of every day!! Enjoy you babies while their little!! Goodnight all!!

posted by angelwings @ 3:19 AM
   3 comments
3 Comments:
  • At 6:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    awwhhhh, how sweet! I'm so happy for you that you feel this way about you're precious little angel boy! I know you've been through such a tough time lately with all those things that make caring for Brady difficult and you so deserve to feel this way, this love and joy from God himself. You are one so very precious mother and I just know that God chose you out of all mothers for Brady because you are so special, so dedicated and so strong for Brady! He is one blessed little man! Big Angel hugs to ya!

     
  • At 9:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I absolutely loved this blog post! I also have an angel (Cameron is 7 and a half). I can't WAIT until he is able to do the things Brady is doing- like crawling, walking- flushing the phone down the toilet... :) Life won't be as relaxed then, but certainly very interesting!
    I'm so glad you see Brady this way, as do I about my son. I think it is important that we share with others that our children ARE such a blessing, as it helps change perceptions about people with disabilities.
    Hugs to Brady!
    ~Jennifer
    www.lilangelgifts.com
    www.specialneedsreads.com

     
  • At 8:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wearing your shirt with one arm through the neck hole must be a fashion statement for Angels!!! My Angel friend wears his shirt the exact same way! At least he's keeping his pants on now...

     
 
Home        Post        Edit        Post a Comment
 


What is Angelman Syndrome?

                 

About Brady

Read Brady's Story Here   

I am 11yrs old and I have Angelman Syndrome. I may have this syndrome, but I dont let it hold me back. I love life and live it to the fullest every single day. My mom says that our research organization, Foundation for Angelman Syndrome Therapeutics, is working really hard on a treatment or even a cure for me and my friends. I am thankful to have 25 words but I look forward to the day that I can carry on long conversations and talk so much that everybody has to ask me to please be quiet for a few minutes :) Anyway, mom says Im awesome and super funny and I have to agree,lol.

See my complete profile

Home      Post        Edit

Well I took Brady to the doc today. As I suspected...
  Well its been a rough one here today,or yesterday ...
  Well we made for the endoscopy yesterday. Didn't g...
  Well we finally got a date for the consultation fo...
  Well its been a good day here. Brady has been a re...
  Wheres the drink mom??URHHHH!! Now your really tic...
  Mommys sweet baby boys!!
 
  Brady has had a good day today. He hasnt been mani...
  Well it started off as a rocky morning,but it did ...
 
Archives
Interactive Seizure Diary

This downloadable Interactive Seizure Diary helps you track your seizure activity and medication routine. You can also record doctor appointments and notes about how you are feeling. Before a doctor appointment, print the information and share it with your physician.

Angelman Forum & Chat

The AS Forum was created in April 2005 and provides an easy way for family members and carers of people with Angelman Syndrome (AS) to exchange information with each other.

Cure Angelman Syndrome

The Foundation for Angelman Syndrome Therapeutics (or FAST) is an organization of families and professionals dedicated to finding a cure for Angelman Syndrome and related disorders through the funding of an aggressive research agenda, education, and advocacy.

Angelman Links
Angelman Blogs
All About Epilepsy