Click Here to Read Brady's Story
Friday, December 07, 2007
Well its been a rough one here today,or yesterday now I should say. I took Brady to town to return some of his jeans that were to big,I have been procrastinating and haven't done it yet,so had to get it done once in for all. Anyways,Brady has been getting sick and was in a mood,not sure how to describe it really. I forgot his stroller,naturally,and the store doesn't have carts,so he had to walk. He done ok at first,was charming a lady and her teenage daughter at the check out counter. But once I said ok lets go get your new jeans,he decided that wasn't in his plans. He wanted to stay and entertain the ladies at the counter. So I had his bag on my arm,and didn't want to try and carry him,so I tried to make him walk holding my hand. Well he threw himself in the bent his knees and threw himself in the floor,refusing to go. I had to practically drag him to get him to go. Then he tried to empty off the jewelry stands on the way by. Of course pitching a fit when I removed his hands! He tried to drag off the purses next! So I got to the back of the store in the children's dpt and was trying pick out his jeans,meanwhile he was going in the dressing room,so I had to get him out of there several times,him pitching a fit the entire time. Then he decided he didn't want all the shirts on hangers,so started snatching them off,throwing them in the floor and giggling the entire time. Every time I tried to take one away,he would hold his behind his back and not let me have it. So I finally got him over most of that and he decided he didn't want all the jeans folded up on the racks,so he started throwing them in the floor. I was trying to find his size and clean up the path of destruction along the way,not good at all!!!! I wanted to pick him up some new shirts while we were there,oh yea didn't mention that one. He has decided that he should wear his shirts,with his arm in one sleeve and the other out of the neck hole,so hes stretching out all his shirts!!! So anyways,I couldn't really browse with him acting up,so I found the first clearance rack and grabbed one of every color,lol lol. We quickly headed back to the front to check out,meanwhile passing the purses jewelry counter,etc,and meanwhile him leaving a path of destruction along the way!! But we did manage to check out,and of course the girl just thought he was cute as a button. I told her his horns were coming out,but she didn't believe me! So I pretty much had to drag him from the store,to the mall entrance. He didn't want to leave at all. Then he spent the entire time,pitching a fit when I wouldn't let him go in each store. I was dragging his bag,and the bag of clothes and dragging him too. We stopped in a jewelry store where he was grabbing everything he could find,then grabbed some kind of steel device they use for sizing,I just knew he was going to shatter the glass cases or knock me out before I could get it out of his death grip!! But it all worked out ok,nothing broken and I even had one nerve left,lol.
We made it to the car,where I yanked off his shirt that was hanging down on his shoulder,and put him on a new one,with the plans of going to get grocery store to get dog food. But I was exhausted by then,and decided it was best to just come home. So we came home,and daddy had to work late. Brady was extremely irritable and more head strong than usual. He would let me know he wanted something,but then pitch a fit like it wasn't right. He wanted pediasure in his cup,but it was already full. I finally had to pour it out and put a whole new can in just to make him happy!!!!!!! I swear I think he just likes to boss me around sometimes. Normally I wouldn't give in,but I wanted to hang onto my one last nerve I had today. Daddy got in around 9pm and I left Brady with him,while I went and got the poor animals some food. Brady had been fussy all afternoon,I know hes feeling bad. My mom went and got some medicine for him,and it seemed to help. Daddy went to bed about 11 and Brady decided he was bored. So he took his diaper off and had a poop party while I went to the car to get his wet wipes. So for the second time tonight,he went to the bathroom. I made him walk,so he left a trail of poo all the way down the hallway where he was running his hands down the wall,yippeee! He got his bath,for the second time,and we went to the high chair,so that I could clean up supper dishes,and mop. He was very patient though,I was proud of him. But once I let him back out in the therapy room,he decided he needed another bath,yep you guessed it,he had yet another poop party. I had duct taped his diaper on,so he couldn't get it off. But he managed to go in from the bottom,uhhhhhh!!!!!! So for the third time tonight,we went to the bathtub again!!!!! He is one squeaky clean little boy at this point,lol. And finally,thank goodness,just fell asleep.
So that's about it for our day!! Were getting up in a couple of hours to go to the doc. I think hes got ear troubles. He is pulling at his ear,and fussing,its really red. Plus his balance has really been of today.
Anyways,I will post more when we get back from the doc,hopefully he will be fine. Btw,believe it or not,Im really ok,lol lol. I have decided that I have to learn to accept the things I cant change. Plus my sweet little monkey is so worth everything that we go through here. There are more good days,than bad,so the good makes up for it all. Plus I'm so thankful that my sweet boy is able to do all the things he does,so many kiddos aren't able to,and their parents would do anything for them to be able to. So I really do feel blessed to have my little Angel,poo and all,lol.

posted by angelwings @ 3:20 AM
   1 comments
1 Comments:
  • At 7:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What a busy day. Brady I bet your mom could use a litle rest.
    Love Debbie

     
 
Home        Post        Edit        Post a Comment
 


What is Angelman Syndrome?

                 

About Brady

Read Brady's Story Here   

I am 11yrs old and I have Angelman Syndrome. I may have this syndrome, but I dont let it hold me back. I love life and live it to the fullest every single day. My mom says that our research organization, Foundation for Angelman Syndrome Therapeutics, is working really hard on a treatment or even a cure for me and my friends. I am thankful to have 25 words but I look forward to the day that I can carry on long conversations and talk so much that everybody has to ask me to please be quiet for a few minutes :) Anyway, mom says Im awesome and super funny and I have to agree,lol.

See my complete profile

Home      Post        Edit

Well we made for the endoscopy yesterday. Didn't g...
  Well we finally got a date for the consultation fo...
  Well its been a good day here. Brady has been a re...
  Wheres the drink mom??URHHHH!! Now your really tic...
  Mommys sweet baby boys!!
 
  Brady has had a good day today. He hasnt been mani...
  Well it started off as a rocky morning,but it did ...
  Well,its been a heck of a Monday morning already!!...
  Brady is doing better today. He has been awake and...
 
Archives
Interactive Seizure Diary

This downloadable Interactive Seizure Diary helps you track your seizure activity and medication routine. You can also record doctor appointments and notes about how you are feeling. Before a doctor appointment, print the information and share it with your physician.

Angelman Forum & Chat

The AS Forum was created in April 2005 and provides an easy way for family members and carers of people with Angelman Syndrome (AS) to exchange information with each other.

Cure Angelman Syndrome

The Foundation for Angelman Syndrome Therapeutics (or FAST) is an organization of families and professionals dedicated to finding a cure for Angelman Syndrome and related disorders through the funding of an aggressive research agenda, education, and advocacy.

Angelman Links
Angelman Blogs
All About Epilepsy