Click Here to Read Brady's Story
Monday, November 19, 2007
Well,its been a heck of a Monday morning already!! Brady woke up early,in a foul mood. Peyton left to go up to Maw maws house,so Brady and I laid back down for a nap on the couch. Brady was laying beside me about to go to sleep,so I dosed off. I started having a nightmare that Craig died and I was crying,wondering how I would be able to manage Brady by myself. In my dream it really didn't hit me that Craig was gone,until I was waiting for him to come home from work,and he never came. I seen his shorts in the dirty clothes and could smell his cologne and then it hit me all of the sudden that he wasn't coming home,I was panicked. So I woke myself up literally crying. But when I woke up,the door was open and Brady was no where to be found!!! I took off running as fast as I could to the pool. I just knew that I would find him floating,it was the worst feeling I have ever felt in my life!!! I didn't find him there and started walking off,but had to turn around and make one more sweep around the pool just to make me feel better,but he wasn't there,thank God!!!!! So I ran around the house several more times,screaming Brady's name,freaking out.Of course Brady never answered me,so I had no idea where he was. Its cool here,and I knew he was in nothing but a diaper. I kept thinking OMG,hes gone in the woods,what if we can't find him before night comes and it starts really getting cold. There must have been a million thoughts going through my head! He was missing that I was aware,for at least 5minutes or more. I have no idea how long he had been outside. Anyways I finally found him up the driveway sitting in the dirt playing happily. I think that he must have been on his way up to Maw maws house and got sidetracked. He looked at my panicked face,like whats your problem mom. I yanked him up and carried him back in the house,him kicking and screaming and me in tears. He was so ticked off that he had to come back in the house. I swear there went another 10yrs off my life. I know now why my dark hair is getting greys,lol.
So now we have to figure out how to keep him from getting that door open and going outside. As I said he was laying right beside me going to sleep before all this. I don't know how I didn't hear him,I'm usually a light sleeper. I could have never forgiven myself if something had happened to him. I just got done installing a latch at the top of the door,so hopefully that will keep the little turkey in from now on.

posted by angelwings @ 9:29 AM
   1 comments
1 Comments:
  • At 1:52 AM, Blogger Donna said…

    Oh my dear sweetie...what a horrific nightmare on both accounts. You have had such a week! Please know we are thinking of you and praying that Brady remains safe and close by for you always. Hoping for a brighter week ahead. Angel hugs....

    Donna & Miss Emma

     
 
Home        Post        Edit        Post a Comment
 


What is Angelman Syndrome?

                 

About Brady

Read Brady's Story Here   

I am 11yrs old and I have Angelman Syndrome. I may have this syndrome, but I dont let it hold me back. I love life and live it to the fullest every single day. My mom says that our research organization, Foundation for Angelman Syndrome Therapeutics, is working really hard on a treatment or even a cure for me and my friends. I am thankful to have 25 words but I look forward to the day that I can carry on long conversations and talk so much that everybody has to ask me to please be quiet for a few minutes :) Anyway, mom says Im awesome and super funny and I have to agree,lol.

See my complete profile

Home      Post        Edit

Brady is doing better today. He has been awake and...
  Well its been another interesting day here today. ...
  Well,Bradys been a busy boy lately..... He started...
  Just wanted to let everyone know that we went to t...
  Well things are going good here. We see the GI doc...
  Just wanted to catch up from Halloween. Brady had ...
  Brady is getting better. Still no word on the surg...
 
  Well we just got back from the doc,again. Brady ha...
  Just wanted to let everyone know that Brady is doi...
 
Archives
Interactive Seizure Diary

This downloadable Interactive Seizure Diary helps you track your seizure activity and medication routine. You can also record doctor appointments and notes about how you are feeling. Before a doctor appointment, print the information and share it with your physician.

Angelman Forum & Chat

The AS Forum was created in April 2005 and provides an easy way for family members and carers of people with Angelman Syndrome (AS) to exchange information with each other.

Cure Angelman Syndrome

The Foundation for Angelman Syndrome Therapeutics (or FAST) is an organization of families and professionals dedicated to finding a cure for Angelman Syndrome and related disorders through the funding of an aggressive research agenda, education, and advocacy.

Angelman Links
Angelman Blogs
All About Epilepsy