Click Here to Read Brady's Story
Saturday, November 10, 2007
Well,Bradys been a busy boy lately..... He started off yesterday,by throwing one of maw maws,deceased husbands,soup cups onto the tile floor,breaking it into a thousand peices. He thought it was one of the funniest things he had ever done,needless to say, Maw maw wasnt pleased at all. Of course shes his baby so she got over it pretty quickly. So anyway we were at her house again today for dinner. I stepped outside to help Craig for a minute,leaving Brady in the high chair,in the kitchen,with Maw maw. So when I came back in after only about 5 minutes or so,Brady had snatched the table cloth off the table,breaking the sugar jar,the big jar of pepper sauce,and nearly breaking the salt and pepper shakers. It was all in the floor and Brady was just sitting there giggling,uhhhhhh!!! So anyways,we get the mess cleaned up and the rest of the family comes in. I finished up eating and left the table,but was standing in the kitchen,when I noticed a stinky diaper on the floor. But I had just changed a stinky diaper on Brady,and had taken it outside,so where did this stinky diaper come from???? So I picked it up and took it outside to the trash. A little bit later,we went to take Brady out of the high chair and he was naked from the waste down,yep you guessed it,the mystery of the stinky diaper was soloved. He had managed to pull yet another Houdini stunt,wiggle his way out of the stinky diaper and throw it on the floor. So he had poop in his high chair,next to the kitchen table where everyone was eating,good job Brady. So anyways after we got him cleaned up,we came home and got ready to go to a birthday party. This was his first party since he started walking,so I was anxious for him to show off his new walking. It was so cool watching peoples faces,ones that hadnt seen him since he started walking,or didnt know he was. Everyone was so excited,and just couldnt stop watching him walking,and of course he was putting on a show for them,lol. But his biggest interest,even before the party started,was in the food table,not good. He was trying so hard to get to the unopened chips on the table,but I wouldnt let him. So along came another Maw maw,not his,lol. Anyways she opened the chips and gave him some,he was really happy until he was done. So I think he had eaten nearly half the bag of chips before the party started,he just couldnt get enough. After he made his mess with chips,we cleaned it up and then the party started. He knew it was time to eat,and even got in line at the table. I put him on the other side of me,so he couldnt reach the table,fearing what he might do to the cake,lol. Just so happened his brother walked by and little flash Brady slapped Peytons plate out of his hand,and cake went flying everywhere. Brady was trying to get to his brothers cake and made another big mess. Of course he has everyone,but me,wrapped around his finger,so they were all laughing,telling me to feed that child. And telling me not to get onto that baby,he was fine,yeaaa right! Oh did I mention,that dad was sitting outside with gout in his foot and unable to walk?! So I was guarding Brady,holding his hand,and fixing two plates of food,one for Brady and one for dad. But I did manage to get it done. All I had to do with Brady was hold the plate of cake in front of him and keep walking backward,he followed that entire plate of cake out the door,lol. So shortly after dad was in so much pain,we had to leave the party. Brady is home and doing well now,no major incidents as of yet,knock on wood!!
He really is doing well lately though. His walking is just getting better and better. He is progressing in leaps and bounds. One of the biggest things I have noticed with him lately,is that he is now able to make choices. He picks out what food he wants on his plate at supper,he also picks out what he wants to drink as well. Before this,he was only able to let me know that he was hungry or thirsty,but not able to let me know exactly which food or drink he wanted.
Another thing I notice with him,is that he is able to follow many commands now. I can tell him to get things and bring them to me and he will do this,and more.
Last night he had a stinky diaper,as usual. So I was trying to find the wet wipes,and was walking around the room saying Brady where did dad put the wet wipes. So I went to wake my husband up and ask where they were and when I came back into the room with Brady,he had gotten the wet wipes and was sitting in the middle of the floor holding them,looking at me,like ok change me now,lol lol. It totally cracked me up. Hes such a monkey.
Well I have rambled on enough. Just thought I should get a better update that the last couple. I will keep ya posted on how things are moving along here.

posted by angelwings @ 10:41 PM
   0 comments
0 Comments:
 
Home        Post        Edit        Post a Comment
 


What is Angelman Syndrome?

                 

About Brady

Read Brady's Story Here   

I am 11yrs old and I have Angelman Syndrome. I may have this syndrome, but I dont let it hold me back. I love life and live it to the fullest every single day. My mom says that our research organization, Foundation for Angelman Syndrome Therapeutics, is working really hard on a treatment or even a cure for me and my friends. I am thankful to have 25 words but I look forward to the day that I can carry on long conversations and talk so much that everybody has to ask me to please be quiet for a few minutes :) Anyway, mom says Im awesome and super funny and I have to agree,lol.

See my complete profile

Home      Post        Edit

Just wanted to let everyone know that we went to t...
  Well things are going good here. We see the GI doc...
  Just wanted to catch up from Halloween. Brady had ...
  Brady is getting better. Still no word on the surg...
 
  Well we just got back from the doc,again. Brady ha...
  Just wanted to let everyone know that Brady is doi...
  Brady is doing really well these days,other than f...
  Brady is doing well today,but still running temp. ...
  Well,Brady had a good day today. We went to town a...
 
Archives
Interactive Seizure Diary

This downloadable Interactive Seizure Diary helps you track your seizure activity and medication routine. You can also record doctor appointments and notes about how you are feeling. Before a doctor appointment, print the information and share it with your physician.

Angelman Forum & Chat

The AS Forum was created in April 2005 and provides an easy way for family members and carers of people with Angelman Syndrome (AS) to exchange information with each other.

Cure Angelman Syndrome

The Foundation for Angelman Syndrome Therapeutics (or FAST) is an organization of families and professionals dedicated to finding a cure for Angelman Syndrome and related disorders through the funding of an aggressive research agenda, education, and advocacy.

Angelman Links
Angelman Blogs
All About Epilepsy