Click Here to Read Brady's Story
Tuesday, November 13, 2007
Well its been another interesting day here today. Brady woke up in a good mood this morning,so I got him dressed and we went to town to do some Christmas shopping and grocery shopping. He walked into the store and pushed the cart around,and of course had to speak to everyone,but got tired,so I put him in the cart. Shortly after he started closing his eyes and slumping over forward,then dosing off. He would be looking at me,and 5 seconds later,be slumped over asleep. So we left the store,and he continued in the car. He went to sleep,which is so not like him,hes never went to sleep in the car before,even on 8hr trips,he just doesnt do that. So we didnt go to the grocery store,and I called Craig and work to tell him Brady was acting strange,and was asleep in the car. So anyway we came home and he barely woke up to come inside. He lay on the couch and was out. I called the doc and explained what he was doing,and that he had been having some tremors lately,which isnt like him either. They wanted me to get bloodwork stat. They tested depakote levels,ammonia levels,hepatic panel and cbc. I had to take him out of town to get the blood,because the hospital here would take 2 days to get the results and the doc didnt want us to wait that long. We got home at about 4pm and they hadnt called yet,so I called them back. They finally managed to get the results back and all was normal except the depakote levels,they were on the high side,to high for Brady to tolerate. His levels have really increased since a couple of weeks ago. Sooooo we are dropping his dose down 125mg. Hopefully thats going to do the trick. He started this about 10:30 this morning,has slept most of the day,and is back asleep now. For anyone who knows Brady,knows that he doesnt sleep at night,much less during the day. Im very worried about him,hes not acting like himself at all. He has been very lethargic all day. He did manage to get up tonight and walk around a bit,but as I said,hes out again now.
It was the strangest thing I have ever seen,it was almost like he had narchalepsy. Anyway,I will post more tomorrow,hope to have better news by then.

posted by angelwings @ 10:47 PM
   0 comments
0 Comments:
 
Home        Post        Edit        Post a Comment
 


What is Angelman Syndrome?

                 

About Brady

Read Brady's Story Here   

I am 11yrs old and I have Angelman Syndrome. I may have this syndrome, but I dont let it hold me back. I love life and live it to the fullest every single day. My mom says that our research organization, Foundation for Angelman Syndrome Therapeutics, is working really hard on a treatment or even a cure for me and my friends. I am thankful to have 25 words but I look forward to the day that I can carry on long conversations and talk so much that everybody has to ask me to please be quiet for a few minutes :) Anyway, mom says Im awesome and super funny and I have to agree,lol.

See my complete profile

Home      Post        Edit

Well,Bradys been a busy boy lately..... He started...
  Just wanted to let everyone know that we went to t...
  Well things are going good here. We see the GI doc...
  Just wanted to catch up from Halloween. Brady had ...
  Brady is getting better. Still no word on the surg...
 
  Well we just got back from the doc,again. Brady ha...
  Just wanted to let everyone know that Brady is doi...
  Brady is doing really well these days,other than f...
  Brady is doing well today,but still running temp. ...
 
Archives
Interactive Seizure Diary

This downloadable Interactive Seizure Diary helps you track your seizure activity and medication routine. You can also record doctor appointments and notes about how you are feeling. Before a doctor appointment, print the information and share it with your physician.

Angelman Forum & Chat

The AS Forum was created in April 2005 and provides an easy way for family members and carers of people with Angelman Syndrome (AS) to exchange information with each other.

Cure Angelman Syndrome

The Foundation for Angelman Syndrome Therapeutics (or FAST) is an organization of families and professionals dedicated to finding a cure for Angelman Syndrome and related disorders through the funding of an aggressive research agenda, education, and advocacy.

Angelman Links
Angelman Blogs
All About Epilepsy