Click Here to Read Brady's Story
Thursday, February 28, 2008
Just wanted to post a quick update on Brady. He is doing well,changing the TV channels at the moment though. He is over his sickness and we are going forward with his VNS surgery. As times draws near,we are getting more and more nervous. I think the waiting,having time to really think about everything that could go wrong,makes things worse. But we know that it is the right decision for Brady,and are strangely,looking forward to getting it over with. We haven't seen anymore seizures since Brady's last hospitalization,a couple weeks ago,he is holding his own at the moment. He has been in such a great mood these days,and into everything! I was putting up groceries yesterday and he came into the kitchen and grabbed two knives out of the knife block on the counter. I swear his arms are getting so long. I call him go,go,gadget arms,lol and his is fast as lightning. He quickly went from gadget arms to Ninja Brady,yeah thats a scary thought,huh. I know its a strange way of looking at things,but you have to learn to find the humor in things,life is to short to do otherwise. Anyways no incident,the knives are safely placed on top of the fridge now. But that is the very reason I don't let Brady wander around the kitchen,way to much for his little wandering mind and hands,to get into. Next time Im putting up groceries by myself,he will be safely strapped into his high chair.
Everything else is good here,other than not sleeping,:( I think sleep must be overrated though,lol. People ask me what I do all night when I'm up with him,well I update his blog,we fight over the television(he makes it do things I didn't know were possible),I'm constantly cleaning up the tremendous mess he makes in this room,I'm always grabbing him down off of things,he will use anything to climb on the counters or desk,but the fun part is getting to cuddle with my little man. He is turning into Mr. Snuggle pants,its so sweet. Oh we fight over the wet wipes all night,he thinks that they are made to be taken out of the box,and stuffed down in all his little toys,lol. Oh and he eats all night,which is a great thing!!! Its 2am here and hes going strong at the moment,but hes happy. We will probably get in bed sometime after 5am (if I'm lucky)and sleep til 11 or 12pm (if I'm lucky,which is a big improvement compared to past times. I'm learning to be thankful for the small things,lol. Don't get me wrong guys,I'm not complaining at all. I love my little man and could sit and listen to him jabbering all day and night,there cannot be a sweeter sound on this earth. And just watching him walk,makes me know how blessed we are. We waited so long for the day he would walk,I just sit and watch him in sheer amazement. One things for sure,it is never boring here,so you wont ever hear me say that,lol.
Anyway that's about it for me,nothing really new,but wanted to post something for you all to read. I promise I'm going to get more videos on here soon,so keep checking back. Gotta go get the monkey a banana,hes hungry. Will post more later.

posted by angelwings @ 1:59 AM
   0 comments
0 Comments:
 
Home        Post        Edit        Post a Comment
 


What is Angelman Syndrome?

                 

About Brady

Read Brady's Story Here   

I am 11yrs old and I have Angelman Syndrome. I may have this syndrome, but I dont let it hold me back. I love life and live it to the fullest every single day. My mom says that our research organization, Foundation for Angelman Syndrome Therapeutics, is working really hard on a treatment or even a cure for me and my friends. I am thankful to have 25 words but I look forward to the day that I can carry on long conversations and talk so much that everybody has to ask me to please be quiet for a few minutes :) Anyway, mom says Im awesome and super funny and I have to agree,lol.

See my complete profile

Home      Post        Edit

Things are going well here. Brady seems to be over...
 
 
 
 
 
  Just wanted to let everyone know that Brady is doi...
  Its 6:30am here and we havent been to bed yet. At ...
  Well we just got in today from a 3 day hospital st...
  Well some of you might not know this,but Bradys su...
 
Archives
Interactive Seizure Diary

This downloadable Interactive Seizure Diary helps you track your seizure activity and medication routine. You can also record doctor appointments and notes about how you are feeling. Before a doctor appointment, print the information and share it with your physician.

Angelman Forum & Chat

The AS Forum was created in April 2005 and provides an easy way for family members and carers of people with Angelman Syndrome (AS) to exchange information with each other.

Cure Angelman Syndrome

The Foundation for Angelman Syndrome Therapeutics (or FAST) is an organization of families and professionals dedicated to finding a cure for Angelman Syndrome and related disorders through the funding of an aggressive research agenda, education, and advocacy.

Angelman Links
Angelman Blogs
All About Epilepsy