Click Here to Read Brady's Story
Thursday, February 25, 2010
Wish I had better news to report :( Tonight is our second night of seizures with our little guy. We have been weaning Brady off of pheno, that he came home from the hospital on. We knew that this med was not going to be a longterm med for Brady, since his body does not tolerate it well at all. We had hoped to wean him off and have him remain on only one med, but its becoming obvious that this is not a possibility. Last nights seizure started while he was in the bed with his dad, it didnt last long, or we think it didnt anyway (dad was sleeping and woke up to the seizure). Last night the seizure stopped on its own. Tonight I woke up to find Brady seizing, again,cant be sure how long he had been seizing. I used his magnet, used diastat and used the magnet again, but it took about ten minutes for the seizure to stop. It was what we call a "bad boy", a tonic clonic. Brady is very out of it now, not very responsive at all. Please pray that we can find something to work for him, and that he can get past this setback, very soon.
Will post more later.

posted by angelwings @ 3:38 AM
   1 comments
1 Comments:
  • At 6:08 PM, Blogger 5 Kids With Disabilities said…

    I can so empathize with what you are going through. There is nothing worse than having to watch a precious child suffer...
    Lindsey Petersen
    http://5kidswdisabilities.wordpress.com

     
 
Home        Post        Edit        Post a Comment
 


What is Angelman Syndrome?

                 

About Brady

Read Brady's Story Here   

I am 11yrs old and I have Angelman Syndrome. I may have this syndrome, but I dont let it hold me back. I love life and live it to the fullest every single day. My mom says that our research organization, Foundation for Angelman Syndrome Therapeutics, is working really hard on a treatment or even a cure for me and my friends. I am thankful to have 25 words but I look forward to the day that I can carry on long conversations and talk so much that everybody has to ask me to please be quiet for a few minutes :) Anyway, mom says Im awesome and super funny and I have to agree,lol.

See my complete profile

Home      Post        Edit

Well its been a little while, time for a quick upd...
  Update
  Update
  Well just thought I would post an update on how th...
  Well we had a fabulous New Year's Day and night!! ...
  Update
  Mountain Vacation Nov 2009
  Full update on Brady.
  Were back!!
  Well guys, its been an eventful week here, to say ...
 
Archives
Interactive Seizure Diary

This downloadable Interactive Seizure Diary helps you track your seizure activity and medication routine. You can also record doctor appointments and notes about how you are feeling. Before a doctor appointment, print the information and share it with your physician.

Angelman Forum & Chat

The AS Forum was created in April 2005 and provides an easy way for family members and carers of people with Angelman Syndrome (AS) to exchange information with each other.

Cure Angelman Syndrome

The Foundation for Angelman Syndrome Therapeutics (or FAST) is an organization of families and professionals dedicated to finding a cure for Angelman Syndrome and related disorders through the funding of an aggressive research agenda, education, and advocacy.

Angelman Links
Angelman Blogs
All About Epilepsy