Click Here to Read Brady's Story
Sunday, January 04, 2009
Well its been a while since I posted, so thought I would play catch up tonight.
Brady is doing well, hes been such a good boy the last few days. He went to the grocery store with me Friday, and behaved so well. He helped me push the cart around the entire store and didn't take anything off the shelves, or out of the cart. He made several new friends while he helped me with the cart, hes such a monkey :) I let him pick out what kind of chips he wanted, of course he chose his favorite, Ranch Doritos. Then I let him choose his snack cakes, and he of course chose honey buns. Oh and he did make it known that he wanted some bananas :) Its so fun watching him make choices for himself, he is a kid that knows what he wants.
He has been playing with all his new Christmas toys, instead of sitting on me all the time, I am so thankful and hope he doesn't get tired of the new toys anytime soon.
Brady's Saint Bernard has been expecting pups any day now. Brady has been so cute about it. I had her in a kiddy pool in the room with us. Brady would wake up last night, and lean off the couch, look in the pool at her and I would tell him "no pups yet", then he would lay back down and do the same thing again in a little while. He knew exactly what was going on and was anxiously awaiting the pups arrival. She had 9beautiful Saint pups today, Brady has been thrilled, and very curious about them. He even tried to climb in with them a few times, but he has been very good for the most part.
Brady did manage to scare me to death last night. His brother left the outside door unlocked, so Brady escaped while I was in the kitchen getting supper started. I hadn't heard or seen him in about 5 minutes, so decided to go check on him and ended up finding him outside in the middle of a thunderstorm, eating the dogs food!!!!!
Brady has been doing well otherwise. We decided to velcro his plate to the table, so that he could sit at the table like a big boy when we all eat supper. I have been fixing the same things on his plate, as is on ours, and hes been eating it, although he does still have some trouble using his fork! He has tried a couple of times to grab the plate up, but gave up pretty quickly once he realised it was stuck :)
Anyways, thats about it for now. I promise I will start posting more regularly,and I promise to get the Christmas photos uploaded very soon, Ive been a bit lazy lately,lol.

posted by angelwings @ 10:34 PM
   3 comments
3 Comments:
  • At 6:12 AM, Blogger Deanna said…

    I suppose eating the dog food is better than some of the other things he could have found out there to eat...? ;-) (Experience tells me so!) We live across the street from train tracks, so in that regard, I'm glad Gabe doesn't move too fast! He's only managed to escape the house once, but he doesn't walk, so he didn't make it off the porch before I caught him.
    (I've been snooping AS blogs lately. Found yours somewhere, not sure where.)

     
  • At 4:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hi how are you are you doig good

     
  • At 4:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i wish you the best

     
 
Home        Post        Edit        Post a Comment
 


What is Angelman Syndrome?

                 

About Brady

Read Brady's Story Here   

I am 11yrs old and I have Angelman Syndrome. I may have this syndrome, but I dont let it hold me back. I love life and live it to the fullest every single day. My mom says that our research organization, Foundation for Angelman Syndrome Therapeutics, is working really hard on a treatment or even a cure for me and my friends. I am thankful to have 25 words but I look forward to the day that I can carry on long conversations and talk so much that everybody has to ask me to please be quiet for a few minutes :) Anyway, mom says Im awesome and super funny and I have to agree,lol.

See my complete profile

Home      Post        Edit

Well, its been a great Christmas here!! Brady has ...
  Having a little fun :)
  Well, not sure if I've posted since Brady's two do...
  Sorry for the delay in posts here these days. My h...
  Brady had a good day today, after sleeping all nig...
  Just wanted to post a quick update before I head t...
  Well our day started a bit rocky this morning,sinc...
  Yes, I know its been a while since I posted, sorry...
  Well, since Brady is no where near sleeping, thoug...
  Check it out, I lost my first tooth!!!!
 
Archives
Interactive Seizure Diary

This downloadable Interactive Seizure Diary helps you track your seizure activity and medication routine. You can also record doctor appointments and notes about how you are feeling. Before a doctor appointment, print the information and share it with your physician.

Angelman Forum & Chat

The AS Forum was created in April 2005 and provides an easy way for family members and carers of people with Angelman Syndrome (AS) to exchange information with each other.

Cure Angelman Syndrome

The Foundation for Angelman Syndrome Therapeutics (or FAST) is an organization of families and professionals dedicated to finding a cure for Angelman Syndrome and related disorders through the funding of an aggressive research agenda, education, and advocacy.

Angelman Links
Angelman Blogs
All About Epilepsy