Click Here to Read Brady's Story
Tuesday, August 26, 2008
Well its been a wild day here. We woke up at 4am to get ready to leave for Brady's surgery,the weather radio was going on. We were under a severe thunderstorm warning and tornado warning. We knew that we had to make this appt, Brady's ears had to be taken care of. So we got ready and headed out,leaving Peyton with Maw Maw to get him to school. About 10 minutes after we left she called us to tell us school had been canceled. We were heading in the direction of the tornado,but thank goodness we never seen anything. We made it to the clinic safely and he was in and out in about 5 minutes. The left ear was the one that started bleeding first, it looked a lot better,but the right ear looked the same as the left had,a few weeks ago. The doc said that it was best to get the tubes out,or risk continuing to have problems with them. He couldn't explain why this happened in both ears at the same time. He knows Brady well,so he said Brady continues to be a mystery and that if we ever figure him out,to let him know,lol. Brady was super sweet,he smiled before and after surgery. We dragged him back out to the car in the rain and headed home to get Peyton. The weather has been yucky all day, warnings left and right,but so far no damage that I know of. Well as I was putting Peyton to bed tonight, I realised he has yet,another fever! I don't know why he has to start getting sick every time he starts back to school,but he does. He missed a day last week with a fever,and will be out again tomorrow. I'm going to take him to the doc in the morning and have a long talk with him about the continuous sickness during school. I just don't know what to do about all this. He missed somewhere around 20 days last year,because of sickness. We aren't supposed to send him to school with a fever,but if he misses to many days,we start getting letters saying that we might have to go to court :0 Something has got to give with all this!
Anyways everything else is going well. Brady already seems to be getting his balance back and has been in a great mood. Of course hes been into everything and stripping,as usual.
I will keep you guys posted on how tomorrow goes. hope to be heading to bed soon. night all.

posted by angelwings @ 12:10 AM
   0 comments
0 Comments:
 
Home        Post        Edit        Post a Comment
 


What is Angelman Syndrome?

                 

About Brady

Read Brady's Story Here   

I am 11yrs old and I have Angelman Syndrome. I may have this syndrome, but I dont let it hold me back. I love life and live it to the fullest every single day. My mom says that our research organization, Foundation for Angelman Syndrome Therapeutics, is working really hard on a treatment or even a cure for me and my friends. I am thankful to have 25 words but I look forward to the day that I can carry on long conversations and talk so much that everybody has to ask me to please be quiet for a few minutes :) Anyway, mom says Im awesome and super funny and I have to agree,lol.

See my complete profile

Home      Post        Edit

Ooooops, Brady got into the spaghetti. I moved him...
  Oh it has been a day here!!! Brady stayed up until...
  Well, I think God is testing my patience today! Br...
 
  Just a quick update. Brady went back to the ENT to...
  Hey guys! I'm sure many of you have heard about th...
  Hey guys, have you heard that new song, "Time of M...
  Okay guys,its nearly 3am here,and I'm dead tired,s...
  Brady starts school!
  Umbrellas are useless with an Angel!!!! Yeah,its b...
 
Archives
Interactive Seizure Diary

This downloadable Interactive Seizure Diary helps you track your seizure activity and medication routine. You can also record doctor appointments and notes about how you are feeling. Before a doctor appointment, print the information and share it with your physician.

Angelman Forum & Chat

The AS Forum was created in April 2005 and provides an easy way for family members and carers of people with Angelman Syndrome (AS) to exchange information with each other.

Cure Angelman Syndrome

The Foundation for Angelman Syndrome Therapeutics (or FAST) is an organization of families and professionals dedicated to finding a cure for Angelman Syndrome and related disorders through the funding of an aggressive research agenda, education, and advocacy.

Angelman Links
Angelman Blogs
All About Epilepsy