Click Here to Read Brady's Story
Friday, April 11, 2008
Well,we had a very eventful day today,lol. We started out by going to see the eqpt guy,to get new shoe inserts,had to be there at 8am. Brady was pretty good there,a little afraid that the guy might give him a shot or take blood,I think. Once he realised that all he had to do was put his bare foot down into a foam substance,for a mold,he thought it was pretty cool. So cool that he decided to try and put both feet in at one time,lol.
Anyway we were in and out of there pretty fast. I have a wedding to go to tomorrow,so I needed to get something to wear,don't get to dress up much with Brady around,lol. So we headed out to the store,I chose the one that had carts,as I didn't have a stroller with me. Brady was in a really good mood,but was very busy. He snatched some tags off clothes as we strolled by,luckily the lady that works there,said on not a problem,we can zip them back on in a second. So we headed to the dressing room,found some skirts,but no tops. While I was tyring on the clothes,Brady decided he had had enough shopping,so decided to go potty in his pants,yipppeeee. I quickly changed,only finding two bottoms,and no time to look for a top. We paid for our stuff,went to the car and changed him.
I decided to go to another store to see what they had,as I just wasn't finding anything at the other store. Well the store we went to,didn't have carts,and again,no stroller. Brady was such a little helper,he also snatched tags off clothes,and hangers off the racks as we were walking past. He also managed to grab a woman in one of the checkout lines, she was really nice,and started talking to him. He wanted to go one way,yet I was making him go another,so he was yelling throughout the store and having sit down strikes in the middle of the isles!! I did find an outfit there and we went to try it on. Brady was such a little helper,yet again,he was taking everything off the hangers,piling them in the middle of the floor for me,thanks Brady,lol. I asked him if he liked my outfit and he shook his head yes,so I guess he approved,great fashion consultant,lol. Meanwhile,I start hanging the clothes back on hangers,and he decides that mommy should flash everyone,so he opens the dressing room door,wide open,for the world to see,uhhhhhhhhh. I shut the door and hurriedly got dressed,ready to go home,Im exhausted by this point. We went over in the shoe department to pay for our stuff,where Brady decides that a nice lady there,trying on shoes,really needs his help. He goes over to her and starts taking the plastic inserts out of her new shoes. She just smiles and says oh hes ok and tells him hi. He then started trying to operate the credit card machine. I ended up putting him in a leg lock,just so I could pay for my stuff,without him tearing out all the magazines at the counter and throwing shoes down off the racks. But we did make it out,finally. We then had to go to the post office,to send a package,the most fun part of our day. We had to fill out some forms,with addresses,things like that on them. So while I'm filling out forms,Brady keeps running away from me,snatching down brochures,signs off the walls,etc. I think I must have stopped with each single letter,to go chase him down. There is no tellings what all I put on that form,hopefully it was right,lol. Anyway I kept filling the papers out,meanwhile Brady is still running away from me,greeting each person that walks in the door. He was especially attracted to one particular lady. I couldn't keep him away from her for some reason. She was trying to fill out forms as well. He kept going over to her,grabbing her arm,trying to hug her. She was so sweet to him,she kept talking to him,telling him how sweet he was. She asked me if she could give him a hug,and I said of course you can. So while hes giving her a hug,he decides to take a taste of her arm :0 I quickly yanked his mouth off her arm,before he was able to bite her. I apologized and explained to her that he was giving her love,but she didn't mind it at all,thank goodness. He kept grabbing at her,yanking her cell phone off the table. I finally had to put him in another leg lock and quickly finish the forms. He still managed to get away and climb under the table to go out the other side,I had to run around and grab him,before he grabbed someone else. I managed to get the forms done,but while I was paying for them,he started working on the credit card machine again. I told the guy working there that I would just leave Brady with him,to work for the day,lol.
After that excitement we went and got dad to go to lunch with us. Would you believe that Brady was a perfect little Angel the entire time his dad was with us,little stinker!!!!!!!!!!!
Anyway were home now,no more shopping for a long,long time!!!!! I am totally exhausted,gonna get some rest,I hope. Will post more later.

posted by angelwings @ 8:13 PM
   1 comments
1 Comments:
  • At 12:17 AM, Blogger Emma said…

    Had to laugh about Brady opening the door to the dressing room!!! Your day sounds like you were the queen of multitasking!! We are so happy to hear how well Brady is doing. What an amazing difference having the seizures under control makes! Teresa - Mom to Emma

     
 
Home        Post        Edit        Post a Comment
 


What is Angelman Syndrome?

                 

About Brady

Read Brady's Story Here   

I am 11yrs old and I have Angelman Syndrome. I may have this syndrome, but I dont let it hold me back. I love life and live it to the fullest every single day. My mom says that our research organization, Foundation for Angelman Syndrome Therapeutics, is working really hard on a treatment or even a cure for me and my friends. I am thankful to have 25 words but I look forward to the day that I can carry on long conversations and talk so much that everybody has to ask me to please be quiet for a few minutes :) Anyway, mom says Im awesome and super funny and I have to agree,lol.

See my complete profile

Home      Post        Edit

Today is a sad day for the Angelman community,as w...
  Just wanted to post a quick update. Brady is doing...
  Me,Peyton and Brady at Chucky Cheese,and no Im not...
  Well,we just got back from Chucky Cheese. We had a...
  Well,we made it back from the doc today. It was as...
  As many of you know,Brady still has stitches from ...
  Brady is still doing really well,but had a tough n...
  Well,just wanted to let you guys know that Brady c...
  Just wanted to post this article,about Brady, that...
  Just wanted to post a quick update. We went to the...
 
Archives
Interactive Seizure Diary

This downloadable Interactive Seizure Diary helps you track your seizure activity and medication routine. You can also record doctor appointments and notes about how you are feeling. Before a doctor appointment, print the information and share it with your physician.

Angelman Forum & Chat

The AS Forum was created in April 2005 and provides an easy way for family members and carers of people with Angelman Syndrome (AS) to exchange information with each other.

Cure Angelman Syndrome

The Foundation for Angelman Syndrome Therapeutics (or FAST) is an organization of families and professionals dedicated to finding a cure for Angelman Syndrome and related disorders through the funding of an aggressive research agenda, education, and advocacy.

Angelman Links
Angelman Blogs
All About Epilepsy