Click Here to Read Brady's Story
Friday, August 31, 2007
Brady is doing well today,getting over what the doc thinks might have been a rotavirus. Were not really sure,since he hasnt been running any temp. But he does seem to be getting better. He was up in the night,crying like his tummy hurt. So I gave him a pain reliever and let him sit in the bath for about an hour,and he was fine for several hours after that. His magic pill didnt work to well last night,he was up til after 2am,then back up at 4am. Hes still up tonight,hopefully hes going to give up soon.
He has been getting along well with his new pup,Bailey. They love to play tug of war,fight over each others toys,and Brady loves feeding her doggie treats. She has been a little rough with him tonight though,she has been getting into trouble. Brady loves to ag her on,so its really not entirely her fault,lol.
Well I was helping Craig tonight,for about 2 mintues,big brother was supposed to be looking after Brady. So anyway I came out of my room to find Brady in the bathtub,fully dressed,with scalding hot water running. Luckily he was in the back part of the tub and had just turned the water on,and it wasnt running very fast,so he didnt get burnt. So yet another obstacle. I think were going to build a plexy glass box over the faucet and put a lock on it,so that you have to have a key to get into it. We have to do something or Brady is going to get hurt. Hes always sneaking off to the tub and loves to turn the water on. I try to keep the doors shut,but with an 8yr old in the house,it makes it hard to do that all the time. I went to the bathroom the other day,and when I came out,found Brady outside on the porch. He had opened the door and went out. I swear hes always one step ahead of us. Just when we think we have something Brady proofed,he shows us,lol.
Oh and the latest,when I came in from town yesterday,the police dpt had called. Apparently Brady dialed 911 just before we left to pick up peyton at school,so they called back. I knew Brady had the phone,but I thought there was still a dial tone,guess not huh. Dont get me wrong,Im not complaining at all. He keeps it interesting around here,and Im just thankful that my little man is physicaly and mentally capable of doing the things he does. We really are blessed.
Oh,the med change is going well,so far so good. I havent seen any changes in behavior,if anything I am seeing improvements in that department. We havent seen any seizures,that were aware of anyway.
Well thats about it for now. Will post more later...

posted by angelwings @ 12:34 AM
   0 comments
0 Comments:
 
Home        Post        Edit        Post a Comment
 


What is Angelman Syndrome?

                 

About Brady

Read Brady's Story Here   

I am 11yrs old and I have Angelman Syndrome. I may have this syndrome, but I dont let it hold me back. I love life and live it to the fullest every single day. My mom says that our research organization, Foundation for Angelman Syndrome Therapeutics, is working really hard on a treatment or even a cure for me and my friends. I am thankful to have 25 words but I look forward to the day that I can carry on long conversations and talk so much that everybody has to ask me to please be quiet for a few minutes :) Anyway, mom says Im awesome and super funny and I have to agree,lol.

See my complete profile

Home      Post        Edit

Just thought that this was an interesting peice on...
  Well we just got back from meeting with Brady's sc...
 
  Well,were finally back!! We headed out Thursday,to...
  Well its been a good day today. We went to see the...
  Brady is doing well. He started his new sleeping m...
  Well we started the clonidine for sleep last night...
  Ok as many of you know,Brady had a bad seizure Fri...
  Just wanted to let everyone know,that our little A...
  Well Brady is doing well. Still sleeping a lot,and...
 
Archives
Interactive Seizure Diary

This downloadable Interactive Seizure Diary helps you track your seizure activity and medication routine. You can also record doctor appointments and notes about how you are feeling. Before a doctor appointment, print the information and share it with your physician.

Angelman Forum & Chat

The AS Forum was created in April 2005 and provides an easy way for family members and carers of people with Angelman Syndrome (AS) to exchange information with each other.

Cure Angelman Syndrome

The Foundation for Angelman Syndrome Therapeutics (or FAST) is an organization of families and professionals dedicated to finding a cure for Angelman Syndrome and related disorders through the funding of an aggressive research agenda, education, and advocacy.

Angelman Links
Angelman Blogs
All About Epilepsy