Click Here to Read Brady's Story
Tuesday, May 26, 2009
Well we have some exciting news to share with you guys!! Brady has decided that its time for him to potty train. He has been taking his diapers off, when he feels the urge to potty, which, diapers off, with most kids would be a bad thing. But we are so excited to see him recognizing the fact that he has to potty, and not wanting to do it in his pants :) If you had ask me years ago, if I would have a child that had just turned 7yrs old, and would just be beginning the potty training adventures, I would have told you that you were nuts. But yet, here we are, Brady just turned 7 and were starting this his big potty training adventures. We have been taking him to the potty today, every time he takes his diaper off, we have to work on a potty symbol for him though. I think he may have tinkled a couple of times in the potty, but its kinda hard to know for sure. He has had many less wet diapers today, so he must be going in the potty.. He does know what we want him to do there, he tries really hard to potty for us. I have to admit, that the first couple of times were trial and error. I quickly learned that I have to move the garbage can away from his reach, while hes on the potty, or it can get messy quickly. I also learned that I have to take the lid off of the tank and disconnect the chain from the handle, to prevent him from flushing repeatedly. I already knew to remove all toilet paper from his reach, or it would have been in the toilet. The Rifton Potty chair has been a Godsend. It prevents him from being able to jump back up off the potty and keeps him from falling in. He knows that, once he is strapped on, its time to potty, then he gets to stand up and flush. I wont even go into detail about our excited, potty dance that we do after hes all done :) I think that he has decided that mommy must be totally insane by now.... But after, only one full day of potty visits, we just got our first real pee and poo poo in the potty!!!!! I am so totally thrilled! Thrilled to see that the diaper days could be over very, very soon, thrilled to know that the thousands of wetwipes per week and a half,days, are nearly behind us! And, hopefully, this means that our big parties (most of you know what I mean),are a thing of the past. I have to say, that I am very surprised at how well our first real potty day has gone, Brady is doing great! What a way to start off his 7th birthday and our summer vacation. I think its going to be a very exciting summer for us.
As for the rest of the day, its been pretty good. Brady has been a little fussy, but its probably due to his not sleeping these past few days. He has been driving us totally crazy, with all his new, noisy birthday toys. I miss the days when he couldn't flip those little on and off switches on the backs of the noisy toys,lol. He likes to climb right up between us on the couch, when were watching a movie, and play his little guitar and juke box. I'm going to be hearing those tunes in my sleep tonight! No matter how many times I turned it off, or put it on the floor, he always ended up right back between us, playing his music.
Anyways, it looks like the little monkey is getting sleepy, so I better go encourage him to sleep.
Be sure and remember him on Wed, its the big kinder graduation!! Will take lots of pictures......

posted by angelwings @ 12:03 AM
   1 comments
1 Comments:
  • At 9:25 PM, Blogger Zachary Rouleau said…

    Yeah Brady!! This is a great news! I also started the potty training thing too! Way too cool eh! Anyway, we, Angels, are the best! Way to go my friend!!

    Zac

     
 
Home        Post        Edit        Post a Comment
 


What is Angelman Syndrome?

                 

About Brady

Read Brady's Story Here   

I am 11yrs old and I have Angelman Syndrome. I may have this syndrome, but I dont let it hold me back. I love life and live it to the fullest every single day. My mom says that our research organization, Foundation for Angelman Syndrome Therapeutics, is working really hard on a treatment or even a cure for me and my friends. I am thankful to have 25 words but I look forward to the day that I can carry on long conversations and talk so much that everybody has to ask me to please be quiet for a few minutes :) Anyway, mom says Im awesome and super funny and I have to agree,lol.

See my complete profile

Home      Post        Edit

Just thought I would post a quick update before be...
 
  Well guys, we made it back! The walk went great, e...
  Did you guys see that Brady suprpassed his fundrai...
  Well guys, its getting close to walk time!! Hope a...
  Well, just thought I would post a quick update, si...
  Brady giving the pup kisses, goofing off, and smel...
  Well, its been a busy weekend, but has been a good...
  Just thought I would post a quick update before we...
  Well, just thought I would give you guys something...
 
Archives
Interactive Seizure Diary

This downloadable Interactive Seizure Diary helps you track your seizure activity and medication routine. You can also record doctor appointments and notes about how you are feeling. Before a doctor appointment, print the information and share it with your physician.

Angelman Forum & Chat

The AS Forum was created in April 2005 and provides an easy way for family members and carers of people with Angelman Syndrome (AS) to exchange information with each other.

Cure Angelman Syndrome

The Foundation for Angelman Syndrome Therapeutics (or FAST) is an organization of families and professionals dedicated to finding a cure for Angelman Syndrome and related disorders through the funding of an aggressive research agenda, education, and advocacy.

Angelman Links
Angelman Blogs
All About Epilepsy