Click Here to Read Brady's Story
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
Well, just thought I would give you guys something to laugh about :) I was thinking this afternoon, on the way home from the grocery store, how every trip to the store with Brady, ends up being a wild adventure,lol. Yep, you guessed it, I took Brady to the grocery store this afternoon. Thank goodness, I had already arranged for his dad to meet us at the store, to help with Brady. Brady and I arrived at the store about 30 minutes before his dad got there. Brady started, the minute we walked in the door. He immediately started waving and shrieking at everyone in the checkout lines, and the cashiers. Its funny how he not only requests everyones undivided attention, but demands it. Anyway I found some honey buns on sale, just as we walked in the door. Since they are Brady's favs, I decided to go ahead and get two boxes. Brady didn't see me place them in the cart, and immediately ran over to grab a box of them. I tried to explain to him that he already had two boxes in the cart, but he was so excited, he refused to listen. I took him to the cart and showed him that he had two boxes already and he seemed ok for a little bit. But he decided to open up a box of them, and try to eat them before we even paid for them. Once he figured out that I wasn't going to let him have them, he ran over and grabbed yet, another box of honey buns,lol. I ended up taking all buns away from him and dragging him away from that section. Next we came to the bananas,, which he also loves. I asked him if he wanted bananas, he shook his head yes and grabbed a bushel of them. But he got ticked off when I refused to let him eat them on spot. I dragged him away from them, and put the honey buns and bananas in the bottom of the cart where he couldn't reach them. On the second isle, I decided to put Brady in the cart, instead of letting him walk. We made to the third isle without incident, but shortly after, I noticed something pink go flying by my head. I forced open Brady's hands, to find raw hamburger meat. He had reached back into the cart, tore open the plastic and was throwing hamburger meat as we moved down the isle!!!!!!!!!! But hey, at least the little monkey didn't eat any of the raw meat, so it could have been worse. Thank God, his dad walked in shortly after the hamburger meat incident. I pretty much let his dad deal with the rest of the time we were there. His daddy decided to take him out and let him walk, since he was tearing all the groceries in the cart up. He still managed to grab things off the shelves, he is fast as lightening. The only other problem that we had was his uncontrollable urge to squeeze every loaf of bread that he came in contact with. We managed to get our groceries paid for and get out of the store, without any major happenings, so that was over all a good trip for us. I did let Brady ride home with his dad, for fear that he if he rode with me, he would get loose and have all the groceries half eaten by the time we got home :)
Anyways, that's pretty much what we done today. Brady decided not to sleep last night, even after having his sleeping pill. So he ended up playing hooky from school today. Not much else happening though.
Gotta sign off for now, Brady is getting into something :) Will post more later.

posted by angelwings @ 10:49 PM
   0 comments
0 Comments:
 
Home        Post        Edit        Post a Comment
 


What is Angelman Syndrome?

                 

About Brady

Read Brady's Story Here   

I am 11yrs old and I have Angelman Syndrome. I may have this syndrome, but I dont let it hold me back. I love life and live it to the fullest every single day. My mom says that our research organization, Foundation for Angelman Syndrome Therapeutics, is working really hard on a treatment or even a cure for me and my friends. I am thankful to have 25 words but I look forward to the day that I can carry on long conversations and talk so much that everybody has to ask me to please be quiet for a few minutes :) Anyway, mom says Im awesome and super funny and I have to agree,lol.

See my complete profile

Home      Post        Edit

Just wanted to let you all know that Brady is doin...
  Hey guys! Not sure if I've written in since our se...
 
 
  Well guys, we just got back from our vacation, and...
  We took Brady riding on the waverunners, for the f...
 
 
  Well, its been a crazy day, but I'm proud to say t...
  Just wanted to let you guys know that Brady is doi...
 
Archives
Interactive Seizure Diary

This downloadable Interactive Seizure Diary helps you track your seizure activity and medication routine. You can also record doctor appointments and notes about how you are feeling. Before a doctor appointment, print the information and share it with your physician.

Angelman Forum & Chat

The AS Forum was created in April 2005 and provides an easy way for family members and carers of people with Angelman Syndrome (AS) to exchange information with each other.

Cure Angelman Syndrome

The Foundation for Angelman Syndrome Therapeutics (or FAST) is an organization of families and professionals dedicated to finding a cure for Angelman Syndrome and related disorders through the funding of an aggressive research agenda, education, and advocacy.

Angelman Links
Angelman Blogs
All About Epilepsy