Click Here to Read Brady's Story
Monday, March 30, 2009
Well, we haven't been home long. We had to take Brady to a neuro appt in Pcola today. They have moved,so we ended up getting totally lost and being 30 minutes late, guess it was good that we were the last patients. Anyway, the appt went really well. The doc said that Brady was one of the most successful cases he has handled, as far as the VNS goes. We didn't have to make any changes on meds or the VNS, everything looks really good. At this point we have excellent seizure control (knock on wood). Everyone there was so surprised at how well Brady is doing. He sat in the chair, for the first time ever, by himself, to get his blood pressure. He walked all over the office, and of course was into everything. He tried to work on the computer and had to open every door he came in contact with. He even pushed the elevator button for us. He was jabbering to the doctor, not sure what all he said, but we could make out, mama, bubba and ok. His doc was bragging to the new practitioner about how far Brady has come, as far as development and seizure control goes. So we were super pleased with the overall visit.
I have to share with you guys, that Brady's teacher said that he sat in a chair for 20 minutes straight and watched a movie, at school on Friday. Brady has never, sat still for 20 minutes, let alone watched 20 minutes of a movie! He has his manic moments, but they are becoming fewer. I can see my little man growing up, everyday. I cannot believe that he will be 7yrs old in May! It seems like just yesterday, he was 2yrs old and newly diagnosed! Wow, what a journey it has been to this point! Things have been chaotic at times, but the good times far outweigh the bad.
Anyways, its been a long day and I'm beat, so gotta sign off for now. Will post more later.

posted by angelwings @ 10:30 PM
   1 comments
1 Comments:
  • At 8:26 AM, Blogger Paula said…

    That is wonderful. Brady sounds like he is doing fabulously. I know that makes mama and dada very proud.
    Having seizures under control is HUGE! Him sitting is HUGE! Those are milestones not to be taken lightly, but celebrated!!!

    Have I commented before?? I lurk, but may not have commented. I also have an angel.

     
 
Home        Post        Edit        Post a Comment
 


What is Angelman Syndrome?

                 

About Brady

Read Brady's Story Here   

I am 11yrs old and I have Angelman Syndrome. I may have this syndrome, but I dont let it hold me back. I love life and live it to the fullest every single day. My mom says that our research organization, Foundation for Angelman Syndrome Therapeutics, is working really hard on a treatment or even a cure for me and my friends. I am thankful to have 25 words but I look forward to the day that I can carry on long conversations and talk so much that everybody has to ask me to please be quiet for a few minutes :) Anyway, mom says Im awesome and super funny and I have to agree,lol.

See my complete profile

Home      Post        Edit

Check out Bradys fundraising page!
  Just thought I would post a quick update, since Br...
  First let me update you guys on things here. Brady...
  Guess you guys seen the pics from the petting zoo....
 
  Brady at petting zoo. (1st school trip)
  Brady in the news.
  Just wanted to let you guys know that Brady is doi...
  Hey guys! Just wanted to post a quick update, sinc...
  Just wanted to let everyone know that Brady is doi...
 
Archives
Interactive Seizure Diary

This downloadable Interactive Seizure Diary helps you track your seizure activity and medication routine. You can also record doctor appointments and notes about how you are feeling. Before a doctor appointment, print the information and share it with your physician.

Angelman Forum & Chat

The AS Forum was created in April 2005 and provides an easy way for family members and carers of people with Angelman Syndrome (AS) to exchange information with each other.

Cure Angelman Syndrome

The Foundation for Angelman Syndrome Therapeutics (or FAST) is an organization of families and professionals dedicated to finding a cure for Angelman Syndrome and related disorders through the funding of an aggressive research agenda, education, and advocacy.

Angelman Links
Angelman Blogs
All About Epilepsy