Click Here to Read Brady's Story
Friday, February 27, 2009
Hey guys! Just wanted to post a quick update, since were gonna be heading out soon. Brady is doing GREAT! He is over all of his sickness, and back to his honory, opinionated little self. He slept a few hours last night, but was up and ready to go by 3am. I decided since we had some last minute things to pick up in town, that would be a good time to do so. We were at Wal-mart before 4am. It was nice and quiet there, no other shoppers in the store. The best part was that we didn't even have to wait in line,lol. Brady had to greet all the employees in the entire store of course. I decided to let him get a toy, hoping it would keep him entertained on our trip. It was the cutest thing ever, watching him running up and down the toy isles, playing with all the toys. Its funny how we take the little things for granted, before we have a child like Brady. I was elated to see my little man being able to run, play with all the toys, and even make obvious choices about what he wanted to buy. I am so thankful that we have gotten to a point in Brady's life, that he is able to just be a 6yr old little boy.There was a time when we wondered if Brady would ever be capable to doing things like this. In the end, he picked out one of his favorite toys ever, a really cool shape sorter. We brought it home and put the batteries in, but he wasn't happy, having to give it up, so that I could load it into the car,lol.
Anyways as I said, Brady is doing awesome. His skills are improving every day. His communication is fantastic. Its so cool that he is now learning to take instruction and direction. He is becoming more independent as time goes on, which makes things so much easier for all of us. As most 6yr olds, he doesn't always mind, can be very opinionated and bull headed at times. But it thrills me to see him acting like other children his age.
Well, I've rambled on long enough. Guess I better get going here, so much still do. Hope to have some pictures to post by the end of the weekend.

posted by angelwings @ 8:25 AM
   0 comments
0 Comments:
 
Home        Post        Edit        Post a Comment
 


What is Angelman Syndrome?

                 

About Brady

Read Brady's Story Here   

I am 11yrs old and I have Angelman Syndrome. I may have this syndrome, but I dont let it hold me back. I love life and live it to the fullest every single day. My mom says that our research organization, Foundation for Angelman Syndrome Therapeutics, is working really hard on a treatment or even a cure for me and my friends. I am thankful to have 25 words but I look forward to the day that I can carry on long conversations and talk so much that everybody has to ask me to please be quiet for a few minutes :) Anyway, mom says Im awesome and super funny and I have to agree,lol.

See my complete profile

Home      Post        Edit

Just wanted to let everyone know that Brady is doi...
  Just time for a quick update. Brady is very sick a...
  Where did my teeth go!
  Well, things are going great here! Brady has been ...
  Well I went for my first Wish today, it was great!...
  We've been getting behind in our posts, so I'm goi...
  Well, its after 7am here, haven't been to sleep ye...
  Well, Brady is still a bit cranky, but I think wer...
  Well, its been a while since our last update, so t...
  Hey guys! Brady is doing great, had a great day at...
 
Archives
Interactive Seizure Diary

This downloadable Interactive Seizure Diary helps you track your seizure activity and medication routine. You can also record doctor appointments and notes about how you are feeling. Before a doctor appointment, print the information and share it with your physician.

Angelman Forum & Chat

The AS Forum was created in April 2005 and provides an easy way for family members and carers of people with Angelman Syndrome (AS) to exchange information with each other.

Cure Angelman Syndrome

The Foundation for Angelman Syndrome Therapeutics (or FAST) is an organization of families and professionals dedicated to finding a cure for Angelman Syndrome and related disorders through the funding of an aggressive research agenda, education, and advocacy.

Angelman Links
Angelman Blogs
All About Epilepsy