Click Here to Read Brady's Story
Tuesday, September 09, 2008
Where to start........... Well first I will tell you about our weekend. My washing machine has been messed up for several weeks now. We have only been washing the necessary items at Maw Maws house, meanwhile the rest is steadily piling up. I think every sheet and comforter in my house was dirty, since we all know that Brady pees on my bed about every other day. Let me tell ya, you cannot be without a washing machine, with an Angel!! So anyways we have been waiting on the part to fix the washer, it was just a small plastic pulley for the motor. Well Friday the part shows up and it weighs 18 lbs!!!!!!!!!! I kinda figured what had happened, sure enough when I opened it, instead of sending the $27 part they had sent the entire motor for $280! I got on the phone and called them back, we arranged to send the motor back,since we don't need the whole thing! But then I had to wait until Monday for the right part to get here. It did come yesterday,but since my husband works late every night, I might just have to hire me a boyfriend to put it on, just kidddddding :) Hopefully I get my washer fixed tonight. My husband called earlier and told me that he was getting gout in his knee again, my reply was, well you better come on home and get my washer fixed before you get to where you cant walk, Im such a sweet wifey,lol.
Anyways back to my story. I had, had enough of no washer by this weekend. So I piled my car to the top with clothes, blankets, sheets, etc. Me and Brady took off to the laundry mat. Well I wasn't sure how much it costed, or if they even had a change machine, so I dragged Brady in to check it out. OMG! It used to be $.25 when I was a kid, to wash clothes, now its $1.25!!!!!!! So I changed my dollars and called my mom to come help me watch Brady while I got the clothes in. We got tired of waiting so I unloaded the car, load by load, holding onto Brady's hand with my other hand. He did manage to escape one time and head around the back of the building, hes so nosey! I even had to carry the laundry detergent in separately, because I had to hold Brady's hand with the other hand. This was one day that I needed not only and xtra set of eyes, but an xtra set of hands as well. Anyways I get everything inside and start loading up the washer, stopping every 5 seconds to get Brady off of the nice girl that was there, and to keep him from opening and closing all the lids on the washers and dryers. He was going around pushing all the coin slots in and trying to escape out the door that was propped open. I got one load on and was starting another when Brady got loose,went over and poured the nice girls drink all over the washer and the floor! I felt so bad, I started to buy her a drink, but heck the washers took it all,lol. By this point I think I had about 6 machines going, slam packed to the tops. Well one of the machines starts making a terrible noise, so I go over the check it out. I was thinking oh this has to be one that I have overloaded with sheets and towels, but nope, its the one that has only one king sized comforter in it.When I open the lid smoke goes everywhere, and even though I had it set on cold, the water was really hot. Well my mom has made it by this time, we decide that rather than finishing this machine off, we will have to drag this over sized comforter out and put it one of the over sized washers. Naturally we figure out that those machines are out of order :( So Im dragging this soaking wet comforter (it was soooo heavy), out of the machine into my basket,filling the basket with water. Well Brady being the helper that he is, decides that he should turn this basket over so that he can play in the water. Yep we burned up the machine and we flooded the laundry mat!!!!!!!!!! So here me and mom are fighting with Brady, and mopping the whole place up. We also had to mop of the drink that Brady had spilled earlier. So I man handle this comforter, drag it to my van, where I threw it on the asphalt and left it to drain. I had to have my basket for my clothes that were still washing. Finally my clothes got done, I loaded all them up still wet, dragged them to the van, threw the soaking wet comforter in the floor and we headed home. I was so hot and tired by this point, I didn't care if my floor got wet or not! I brought all those heavy clothes home and dried them here, at least my dryer will works :) I told Craig that if I never see another laundry mat, ever again, it will be to soon, that's the end of our laundry mat adventures!
Anyways everything else is good here. Brady's ENT appt went well yesterday, he got a clean bill of health :) He is in a great mood, has even been watching cartoons today, yey!!!!!!! He was so funny earlier, he seen a commercial about this dinosaur that growls and walks around. Well he has that same dinosaur, but his doesn't walk and its not remote controlled. After the commercial he hops down and prisses over the his toys, pulls down his dinosaur and starts playing with it. I kept waiting for him to bring it to me and start fussing, wanting me to make his walk,lol. It was really cute. I have decided that the remote control one has to be added to his Christmas list this year.
Well that's about it for me, Brady is over there trying to stand up in his highchair, to reach something up the wall. Gotta go get him before we end up getting hurt. I will keep you guys posted on anything new.

posted by angelwings @ 1:00 PM
   1 comments
1 Comments:
  • At 9:15 PM, Blogger Angel Olivia said…

    Hi I just loved reading your letters about Brady. It sounds oh so familiar. We have a three year old daughter Olivia with Angelmans as well. I would love to hear from you to discuss our stories. God knows we have many with our little angels

     
 
Home        Post        Edit        Post a Comment
 


What is Angelman Syndrome?

                 

About Brady

Read Brady's Story Here   

I am 11yrs old and I have Angelman Syndrome. I may have this syndrome, but I dont let it hold me back. I love life and live it to the fullest every single day. My mom says that our research organization, Foundation for Angelman Syndrome Therapeutics, is working really hard on a treatment or even a cure for me and my friends. I am thankful to have 25 words but I look forward to the day that I can carry on long conversations and talk so much that everybody has to ask me to please be quiet for a few minutes :) Anyway, mom says Im awesome and super funny and I have to agree,lol.

See my complete profile

Home      Post        Edit

Brady seems to be doing better, not nearly as mani...
  Hey Guys,Sorry for slacking on our posts lately, i...
  Hey guys! Brady is doing fine, other than being st...
  Its official, Brady is off the Topamax! We just ga...
  Well its been yet,another wild night here at our h...
  Well, Brady has had a good day. He slept last nigh...
  Well its been a wild day here. We woke up at 4am t...
  Ooooops, Brady got into the spaghetti. I moved him...
  Oh it has been a day here!!! Brady stayed up until...
  Well, I think God is testing my patience today! Br...
 
Archives
Interactive Seizure Diary

This downloadable Interactive Seizure Diary helps you track your seizure activity and medication routine. You can also record doctor appointments and notes about how you are feeling. Before a doctor appointment, print the information and share it with your physician.

Angelman Forum & Chat

The AS Forum was created in April 2005 and provides an easy way for family members and carers of people with Angelman Syndrome (AS) to exchange information with each other.

Cure Angelman Syndrome

The Foundation for Angelman Syndrome Therapeutics (or FAST) is an organization of families and professionals dedicated to finding a cure for Angelman Syndrome and related disorders through the funding of an aggressive research agenda, education, and advocacy.

Angelman Links
Angelman Blogs
All About Epilepsy