Click Here to Read Brady's Story
Friday, August 29, 2008
Its official, Brady is off the Topamax! We just gave his last one,so he is now only on 2 seizure meds,and we are thrilled! It has been years since Brady has been only two meds, we were never sure this day would come. The VNS is working great,it has been a Godsend to say the least. Brady and Peyton are spending the night with Maw Maw tonight :) I never dreamed that the day would come,that we could let Brady stay with someone else,and feel comfortable that he would be ok.
As for everything else,its good. Peyton seems to be feeling a lot better,and the fever seems to be down for now. His throat still looks a mess,with white puss pockets on both tonsils. We had a mono test done yesterday,so we should know if that's what it is by Tuesday. Hopefully he will get to go back to school if the fever continues to stay down.
Brady is doing great,loving school! His teachers are the best! I don't think that we could ask for a better group of ladies to be working with Brady. I told them Wed that it is nice to be able to leave Brady in their care,and know that hes very well taken care of. They said that when they were working with him, he done 3 matches without even being prompted, so were very excited! He got to go to the playground where all the kids had to give him hugs, sooooo sweet!!! I know that many people want understand my excitement over this,but Angelman parents will understand how we got excited over him having to visit the nurses office at school. He managed to yank away from his teachers hands when they were walking,and he got an uh oh on his knee. My baby boy had to visit the nurses office at school,hes such a big boy :) He is fine, but I think it nearly broke his teachers hearts,lol. It's going to be such a great year, were totally excited!! I would never have thought that I would be this excited about him started school!
Well that's about it for me, gonna take advantage of my mommy night and head to bed! Sending out lots of hugs and prayers to all our Angel families tonight!

posted by angelwings @ 10:54 PM
   0 comments
0 Comments:
 
Home        Post        Edit        Post a Comment
 


What is Angelman Syndrome?

                 

About Brady

Read Brady's Story Here   

I am 11yrs old and I have Angelman Syndrome. I may have this syndrome, but I dont let it hold me back. I love life and live it to the fullest every single day. My mom says that our research organization, Foundation for Angelman Syndrome Therapeutics, is working really hard on a treatment or even a cure for me and my friends. I am thankful to have 25 words but I look forward to the day that I can carry on long conversations and talk so much that everybody has to ask me to please be quiet for a few minutes :) Anyway, mom says Im awesome and super funny and I have to agree,lol.

See my complete profile

Home      Post        Edit

Well its been yet,another wild night here at our h...
  Well, Brady has had a good day. He slept last nigh...
  Well its been a wild day here. We woke up at 4am t...
  Ooooops, Brady got into the spaghetti. I moved him...
  Oh it has been a day here!!! Brady stayed up until...
  Well, I think God is testing my patience today! Br...
 
  Just a quick update. Brady went back to the ENT to...
  Hey guys! I'm sure many of you have heard about th...
  Hey guys, have you heard that new song, "Time of M...
 
Archives
Interactive Seizure Diary

This downloadable Interactive Seizure Diary helps you track your seizure activity and medication routine. You can also record doctor appointments and notes about how you are feeling. Before a doctor appointment, print the information and share it with your physician.

Angelman Forum & Chat

The AS Forum was created in April 2005 and provides an easy way for family members and carers of people with Angelman Syndrome (AS) to exchange information with each other.

Cure Angelman Syndrome

The Foundation for Angelman Syndrome Therapeutics (or FAST) is an organization of families and professionals dedicated to finding a cure for Angelman Syndrome and related disorders through the funding of an aggressive research agenda, education, and advocacy.

Angelman Links
Angelman Blogs
All About Epilepsy