Click Here to Read Brady's Story
Wednesday, April 30, 2008
Wow,thank you all so,so much for helping us reach our goal for our Angelman Fundraiser! We are super excited to have surpassed the original goal!!! But were going to push on,it would be great to raise even more money for the Foundation. We set our goal at a low $500 this year,because times are tough,and we do understand that. I have been blown away by peoples generosity and willingness to give. We have had many cash donations,as well as several door prizes being donated. I believe we have 16 door prizes at the moment. These door prizes really are amazing! I do wish that everyone would come and join us at the Walk-A-Thon this year,its going to be so much fun! If you are interested in attending the Mobile walk or any other in the US,or if you want help finding the closest walk to you,please don't hesitate to contact me. Just click the contact link on the right of this page. Remember,you do not have to have a loved one affected by Angelman Syndrome,to help support the cause and walk for a cure.
As for Brady,he is doing well. It just blows my mind at how strong he really is. His ear is just a total mess,but yet he is happy and shows no signs of being in pain. So far so good on his seizures. I was thinking just today that this is going to be a real test for his VNS,if he makes it through this infection with no seizures,we will know that its working (fingers crossed).
He is learning in leaps and bounds these days. He does something new every day. He is learning to follow simple commands,its so cool! I can tell him to bring me his cup,bring me pediasure,hand me that,etc,and he will actually do it!!! His comprehension really does improve daily.
Anyways that's it for now. I will post more later.

posted by angelwings @ 12:16 AM
   0 comments
0 Comments:
 
Home        Post        Edit        Post a Comment
 


What is Angelman Syndrome?

                 

About Brady

Read Brady's Story Here   

I am 11yrs old and I have Angelman Syndrome. I may have this syndrome, but I dont let it hold me back. I love life and live it to the fullest every single day. My mom says that our research organization, Foundation for Angelman Syndrome Therapeutics, is working really hard on a treatment or even a cure for me and my friends. I am thankful to have 25 words but I look forward to the day that I can carry on long conversations and talk so much that everybody has to ask me to please be quiet for a few minutes :) Anyway, mom says Im awesome and super funny and I have to agree,lol.

See my complete profile

Home      Post        Edit

Our interview went well this morning,other than th...
  Wish us luck on our tv appearance today!!!!
  So exciting!!!
  Well,we had a great day today!! Brady has been doi...
 
  Peyton and Brady jumping on the tramoline.
  Shewwww!! Its been a busy day today,but its been g...
  Sisters....Many of you I have never even met face ...
  Why do I always have to be the one that starts to ...
  Hey guys!!! Were getting excited as the Angelman W...
 
Archives
Interactive Seizure Diary

This downloadable Interactive Seizure Diary helps you track your seizure activity and medication routine. You can also record doctor appointments and notes about how you are feeling. Before a doctor appointment, print the information and share it with your physician.

Angelman Forum & Chat

The AS Forum was created in April 2005 and provides an easy way for family members and carers of people with Angelman Syndrome (AS) to exchange information with each other.

Cure Angelman Syndrome

The Foundation for Angelman Syndrome Therapeutics (or FAST) is an organization of families and professionals dedicated to finding a cure for Angelman Syndrome and related disorders through the funding of an aggressive research agenda, education, and advocacy.

Angelman Links
Angelman Blogs
All About Epilepsy