Click Here to Read Brady's Story
Wednesday, April 30, 2008
Not much news to post today,so far,but I just felt the need to post anyway. This is more a mommy post,rather than a Brady post. Brady just woke up this morning and is being so sweet. I heard him coming down the hallway looking for me. He was eh,eh,ehing the whole way to the room where I am. I swear listening to his sweet voice is like listening to the Angels sing,I cant begin to explain how refreshing it is to hear him jabbering. I got him changed,gave him a cup, and got lots of sweet,sweet sugar,but he let me know that wasn't all he wanted. He immediately grabbed me by the hand and walked me to the door. I said oh you want to go outside and he just shook his head yes. My heart is just bursting with joy,that he is actually communicating with me,I mean real communication! His every action just makes me smile from ear to ear,and even get teary eyed at times. There is no small accomplishment when it comes to him,we celebrate everything,even the things that might seem small to other people.
Its amazing how so many people in this world,just don't take the time out, to enjoy their little ones, enjoy their accomplishments, no matter how big or small. I just can't understand why so many people,get so caught up in the hustle of every day life,that they forget to to take time and enjoy their beautiful gifts from God. A child,whether special needs or not,is such a tremendous gift,and we have to enjoy them every moment, we just don't know when that might be taken away. Take to time to watch your little Angel sleep, dream those sweet dreams and maybe if your lucky,they will even share that sweet,innocent little giggle and smile, while they sleep. Put your face to their skin and enjoy that soft,sweet scent that only your child has. One day our kiddos will be all grown up and we wont have a chance to do these things,so take the time out to smell the roses people,life is just to short to do otherwise. I know I preach this all the time,but the housework,yardwork,shopping,etc,can wait. There is nothing more important that our kiddos. Take the time to talk to your children,whether you think they understand or not,they are human and they love to be the center of our attention,they love to know that we care. I really think that many problems with young people today,is that parents let video games,tv's and other things,raise their children. Children need to know that they are loved,and that they are number one in our lives. They need to know that they can depend on us,that were never to busy to listen if ever they need to talk. These kids truly are the future generation.
As for Brady,he continues to have a nasty ear infection,but is strangely unaffected by it,other than being a little off balance. Sometimes Im thankful that he has such a high pain tolerance. Were staying on the meds,and hopefully things will get better for him soon.
Anyways I am done preaching for today. I'm gonna go enjoy my sweet little guy,and you should do the same. I will post more later.

posted by angelwings @ 11:32 AM
   0 comments
0 Comments:
 
Home        Post        Edit        Post a Comment
 


What is Angelman Syndrome?

                 

About Brady

Read Brady's Story Here   

I am 11yrs old and I have Angelman Syndrome. I may have this syndrome, but I dont let it hold me back. I love life and live it to the fullest every single day. My mom says that our research organization, Foundation for Angelman Syndrome Therapeutics, is working really hard on a treatment or even a cure for me and my friends. I am thankful to have 25 words but I look forward to the day that I can carry on long conversations and talk so much that everybody has to ask me to please be quiet for a few minutes :) Anyway, mom says Im awesome and super funny and I have to agree,lol.

See my complete profile

Home      Post        Edit

Wow,thank you all so,so much for helping us reach ...
  Our interview went well this morning,other than th...
  Wish us luck on our tv appearance today!!!!
  So exciting!!!
  Well,we had a great day today!! Brady has been doi...
 
  Peyton and Brady jumping on the tramoline.
  Shewwww!! Its been a busy day today,but its been g...
  Sisters....Many of you I have never even met face ...
  Why do I always have to be the one that starts to ...
 
Archives
Interactive Seizure Diary

This downloadable Interactive Seizure Diary helps you track your seizure activity and medication routine. You can also record doctor appointments and notes about how you are feeling. Before a doctor appointment, print the information and share it with your physician.

Angelman Forum & Chat

The AS Forum was created in April 2005 and provides an easy way for family members and carers of people with Angelman Syndrome (AS) to exchange information with each other.

Cure Angelman Syndrome

The Foundation for Angelman Syndrome Therapeutics (or FAST) is an organization of families and professionals dedicated to finding a cure for Angelman Syndrome and related disorders through the funding of an aggressive research agenda, education, and advocacy.

Angelman Links
Angelman Blogs
All About Epilepsy