Click Here to Read Brady's Story
Wednesday, June 20, 2007
Bradys Day....
Oh its been a busy day here today. Brady has been into everything it seems. He started out by not getting to bed til after 4am this morning. He was back up fairly early and going strong. The weather got pretty bad here today,lots of lightening. I couldn't keep him away from the windows. He wanted to watch the rain,but I was worried about him being by the window with all the lightening,so I put his gate up and put him in his room til the weather passed. I went back to check on him and he was standing at the gate laughing and all covered in poo! He had smeared it all in the carpet,on the rug,all over the gate,door facing and all over himself. He had taken his clothes and diaper off,as usual and made a huge mess. Maybe he was just rebelling because I put him in his room,lol. This is the third poop party in three days,sheesh!!! So anyway I grabbed him up,very carefully and put him in the bathtub and squirted him down with antibacterial soap. Needless to say he was all covered in bubbles,while I cleaned up the huge mess he had made in his room. I just steam cleaned his carpet earlier this week,guess he didn't like it clean huh. Well in order to prevent more poop parties until I could figure out what kind of clothes to put on him,so he couldn't take them back off,I got the duct tape,lol lol. I told Peyton to get Brady a diaper while I went and got the duct tape. I heard Peyton saying,oh you have done it now Brady boy,lol. He said you done a baaaaaaaaad thing,lol. So anyway I taped over the Velcro straps on his diaper so he couldn't take it back off. I thought Craig was going to crack up when he seen the duct tape on Brady's diaper..Anyway,when Craig got in,I took his sleeper pjs over to my grandmas house and we made them all into shorty pjs. We cut the footie's out of them and cut the sleeves off,so it covers him up,but he cant get to his diaper,and he doesn't get to hot. See I have been putting them on him at night,but have to turn the air down so low,I think there might be penguins running around in here,lol. Craig and Peyton were complaining that they were freezing,but I had to keep the house cool if Brady was going to be wearing footie pjs,otherwise he gets to hot. Anyway prob solved now,no penguins tonight,Brady is cool and covered,and no poop parties and no duct tape,lol lol.
That wasn't all our day was about today,Brady bit Peyton's finger,really hard. I got onto him and put him in time out,he wasn't very happy about that,but in a little while,tried to bite Peyton again. I guess its just a brother/sibling thing.
Well Peyton and Craig went out to the pool for a swim tonight,Brady was watching them out the window and fussing. I was trying to cook supper and while I was in the kitchen stirring the food,Brady climbed up in the recliner,trying to look out the window,and he fell over the back and hit the floor! He hit his eye and his forehead,looked like an alien for a while. He hit so hard,Craig heard him fall and came running inside. I was just going to stir my food,then take him out to swim with Craig and Brady!! Anyway he cried for a little bit,but was more interested in getting out to the pool. He was actually pretty ticked off about the pool thing,lol. He did get to go for a swim and his boo boo went down eventually. Hes acting fine now,going from light switch to another turning them on and off. Its like having a bunch of strobe lights here,lol.
The one really good thing happened here was last night. Brady pottying in the big potty,whoo hooo!!! He was so proud of himself and so was I...Let's just pray that this is the start of something really good. Oh and also,Brady has eaten supper three times tonight!! I don't know what has suddenly sparked his interest in food,I think it might be the B-6. Whatever the change,I extremely excited to see him eating again.
That's about it for now,will keep yall posted.

posted by angelwings @ 12:13 AM
   1 comments
1 Comments:
  • At 9:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Steph

    Brady is definitely keeping you on your toes lately. It is an interesting life we lead... Way to go on the big boy potty Brady, and keep up that good eating!!!!

    Love Deb and Alec

     
 
Home        Post        Edit        Post a Comment
 


What is Angelman Syndrome?

                 

About Brady

Read Brady's Story Here   

I am 11yrs old and I have Angelman Syndrome. I may have this syndrome, but I dont let it hold me back. I love life and live it to the fullest every single day. My mom says that our research organization, Foundation for Angelman Syndrome Therapeutics, is working really hard on a treatment or even a cure for me and my friends. I am thankful to have 25 words but I look forward to the day that I can carry on long conversations and talk so much that everybody has to ask me to please be quiet for a few minutes :) Anyway, mom says Im awesome and super funny and I have to agree,lol.

See my complete profile

Home      Post        Edit

Bradys got skills!
  3am swim.........
  Bradys eating!
  Bradys day.
  Ode to Special moms.
  God Lives under the bed.
  Big boy!!
  Learned a new trick!
  Training mom.
  Bradys day.
 
Archives
Interactive Seizure Diary

This downloadable Interactive Seizure Diary helps you track your seizure activity and medication routine. You can also record doctor appointments and notes about how you are feeling. Before a doctor appointment, print the information and share it with your physician.

Angelman Forum & Chat

The AS Forum was created in April 2005 and provides an easy way for family members and carers of people with Angelman Syndrome (AS) to exchange information with each other.

Cure Angelman Syndrome

The Foundation for Angelman Syndrome Therapeutics (or FAST) is an organization of families and professionals dedicated to finding a cure for Angelman Syndrome and related disorders through the funding of an aggressive research agenda, education, and advocacy.

Angelman Links
Angelman Blogs
All About Epilepsy