Click Here to Read Brady's Story
Wednesday, June 06, 2007
Training mom.
Well I guess Brady is finally get me trained to his liking these days,lol. He just brought me his cup and I was reading something on the puter,so I just sat there holding it while he was telling me off. So I guess he figured I was an idiot and he was going to have to spell it out for me,so he went and got an empty can of pediasure out of the trash and brought it to me. He was holding it up like,look mom p-e-d-i-a-s-u-r-e,duh!!
Brady also stayed in his room,instead of our bed,all night last night. He stayed awake for fussing for a while,but he didn't cry,he just fussed to let us know he wanted out. I had the gate up so he could look out,but just couldn't escape. All in all,for his first night back in there,he done really well. I think its going to be much harder on me than it is on him. I didnt know what time this morning I finally went to bed. I just kept peeking in on him,to be sure he was ok. And of course if he ever got quiet,I was so afraid something was wrong. I know he needed to be sleeping,but the sound of his toys playing is just so reassuring. Its not just the seizures I worry about these days,its all the hidden things that Brady can get hurt on. He is interested in wall sockets,but if we put protectors in them,it just makes him want to play with them that much more. There are so many things,even though his room is nearly empty,that he can find to get hurt on in his room. I'm so worried that I might miss something. He does have an enclosed bunk bed,but I found an opening through the top to the top bunk,where he could crawl through and get stuck or get out. Of course if he did get out he would fall from the the top bunk and really hurt himself. So I'm disassembling the enclosed bunk today and going to try and make his room as safe as possible and just let him crawl free in his room at night. I'm sure he will show me something I missed later,lol.
Anyway thats about it for now,I will keep you posted.

posted by angelwings @ 10:47 AM
   0 comments
0 Comments:
 
Home        Post        Edit        Post a Comment
 


What is Angelman Syndrome?

                 

About Brady

Read Brady's Story Here   

I am 11yrs old and I have Angelman Syndrome. I may have this syndrome, but I dont let it hold me back. I love life and live it to the fullest every single day. My mom says that our research organization, Foundation for Angelman Syndrome Therapeutics, is working really hard on a treatment or even a cure for me and my friends. I am thankful to have 25 words but I look forward to the day that I can carry on long conversations and talk so much that everybody has to ask me to please be quiet for a few minutes :) Anyway, mom says Im awesome and super funny and I have to agree,lol.

See my complete profile

Home      Post        Edit

Bradys day.
  Bradys pool skills.
  Update....
  Bradys bubble gum!
  Wrong date on last pictures.
  2007 Angelman Walk a Thon
  God Sent to Me an Angel
  Had to borrow this one from a fellow Angelman momm...
  Having fun at beach.
  Bradys first stitches!
 
Archives
Interactive Seizure Diary

This downloadable Interactive Seizure Diary helps you track your seizure activity and medication routine. You can also record doctor appointments and notes about how you are feeling. Before a doctor appointment, print the information and share it with your physician.

Angelman Forum & Chat

The AS Forum was created in April 2005 and provides an easy way for family members and carers of people with Angelman Syndrome (AS) to exchange information with each other.

Cure Angelman Syndrome

The Foundation for Angelman Syndrome Therapeutics (or FAST) is an organization of families and professionals dedicated to finding a cure for Angelman Syndrome and related disorders through the funding of an aggressive research agenda, education, and advocacy.

Angelman Links
Angelman Blogs
All About Epilepsy