Click Here to Read Brady's Story
Wednesday, May 23, 2007
Update....
Just wanted to let everyone know that we haven't been posting much lately because we have had so much going on here. We had an Aunt to pass away one week and my grandad the next. Our Aunt had cancer and was pretty sick for a long time. Our grandad had Parkinson's Disease and was also sick for a very long time. He was in the hospital for 2 weeks after getting choked while eating supper one night. He developed pneumonia and became very sick. Its been a tough time lately,but slowly were getting back to normal,or normal for us that is,lol.
Anyway Peyton had a bicycle accident and ended up at the urologist,but hes ok now,just no physical education for a month. A couple days later,Brady fell backwards while climbing into bed with us about 4am one morning and ended up with staples in his head. He had a very hard time when we went to get them out,one was hung and we ended up at the hospital to get it out. He cried so hard he had little strawberries all over his face. But its all healed up and hes much better now.
Hes trying so hard to talk these days,its amazing to hear him. He talked to me the entire ride back from my grandmas house tonight. I would ask him a question and he would answer,of course I didn't know what he was saying,but that's ok,its precious to hear that little voice talking back to me. His new favorite phrase is, "my mama". He loves saying it because it always gets my attention. He also says "ok" all the time. I will tell him to do something,or that were going to do something and he will say "ok",lol. He also says mama,mama,mama all the time. And he calls for his buba.I can tell that he is asking where his buba is when he says it sometimes,because he will say it and look at the door. When bubas bus pulls up,he will start in calling buba. He has recently started using ga ga, consistently,that's what he calls my grandma. Of course she just melts when he says this,and he gets anything he wants,lol.
He grabbed maw maw when we went to her house last night and dragged her over to her rocking chair to rock him. Hes a little boy that knows exactly what he wants and hes getting so good at letting us know. I never thought that someone who was unable to talk,would be so good at communicating with very few words,its amazing to watch him grow. At this point his words consist of buba,ga ga,my mama,mama,da da,bu bu for blue,maw maw,nana,mumba,(whatever that means),ok,and a ton of other sounds,were not sure about.
Brady has also learned to open the door and go outside by himself,not a good thing! He got outside yesterday and I found him in the sandbox. So I let him play and told his brother and other kids to watch him a sec while I ran inside. Well when I got back outside,he was gone! I looked to the end of the house and he was rounding the corner. He was headed to the pool! So much for the other kids looking after him for less than a minute,lol.
Brady is also walking really well these days. He can walk up to 15 or 20 ft at a time,unassisted,but its only when he wants to do it.
Anyway just wanted to update everyone on whats happening around here lately.

posted by angelwings @ 11:29 PM
   1 comments
1 Comments:
  • At 1:43 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    So sorry to hear about your aunt and your grandad. Sending prayers of comfort to you and your family Steph!!! WOW! Brady is doing amazing things!!! So heartwarming and uplifting!!! YAY BRADY!!! I so know what you mean about doing things only when they really want to!! LOL!!! It's so funny how we know they can do it, and they don't want to when we want them to and want to when we don't! Oh well, just some typical behavior to add to the mix!!! Love ya girlie!!! Take Care!

     
 
Home        Post        Edit        Post a Comment
 


What is Angelman Syndrome?

                 

About Brady

Read Brady's Story Here   

I am 11yrs old and I have Angelman Syndrome. I may have this syndrome, but I dont let it hold me back. I love life and live it to the fullest every single day. My mom says that our research organization, Foundation for Angelman Syndrome Therapeutics, is working really hard on a treatment or even a cure for me and my friends. I am thankful to have 25 words but I look forward to the day that I can carry on long conversations and talk so much that everybody has to ask me to please be quiet for a few minutes :) Anyway, mom says Im awesome and super funny and I have to agree,lol.

See my complete profile

Home      Post        Edit

Bradys bubble gum!
  Wrong date on last pictures.
  2007 Angelman Walk a Thon
  God Sent to Me an Angel
  Had to borrow this one from a fellow Angelman momm...
  Having fun at beach.
  Bradys first stitches!
  About our day!
  A day at the beach,April 2007
  Bradys therapy today.
 
Archives
Interactive Seizure Diary

This downloadable Interactive Seizure Diary helps you track your seizure activity and medication routine. You can also record doctor appointments and notes about how you are feeling. Before a doctor appointment, print the information and share it with your physician.

Angelman Forum & Chat

The AS Forum was created in April 2005 and provides an easy way for family members and carers of people with Angelman Syndrome (AS) to exchange information with each other.

Cure Angelman Syndrome

The Foundation for Angelman Syndrome Therapeutics (or FAST) is an organization of families and professionals dedicated to finding a cure for Angelman Syndrome and related disorders through the funding of an aggressive research agenda, education, and advocacy.

Angelman Links
Angelman Blogs
All About Epilepsy