Click Here to Read Brady's Story
Thursday, May 22, 2008
Not much happening here. Brady just went to sleep,so Im hanging out for a bit,to make sure hes fully asleep before I move him. Anyways we went to an IEP meeting today,it went great! Brady really showed some of his abilities,I think the teachers were fairly surprised by how much he really comprehends. I think their excited to get started with him,and so are we. They are so nice and so concerned about doing whats best for him. We are so fortunate to be working with such a wonderful group of ladies. We finally feel some kind of normalcy in our lives,like we can actually let him go to school and not have to worry so much about seizures,it really is such a great feeling. Were really looking forward to getting him started. I know that he is going to enjoy it so much,he loves to socialize. I have a feeling they might just spoil him a bit,lol.
Anyways not much else happening here. Brady has developed a strange habit of sniffing dirty socks,lol. He will pick up a dirty sock,sniff it,look at it,sniff it again,then giggle,lol. He also sniffs other things,some good,some not so good,if you get my drift.
We have been battling the potty thing lately. He refuses to potty in his diaper,or in the potty!! He will take his diaper off and go in the floor,on the couch or anywhere else he feels the need. Duct tape diapers don't work anymore,he knows how to get them off. Of course clothes don't help,he also knows how to remove them. Tonight has been a huge battle,trying to keep his diaper on. He was wearing a diaper,swim pants and shorts,but he poured drink all over his shorts,uhhhh. He still managed to pull down his swim pants and undo his diaper earlier.. I dont know how to keep this kid dressed! He even took his shirt off during the IEP meeting today. I did warn them that he has a mean Chip-N-Dale routine,lol.
Oh not sure if I shared this or not,but we were at Maw Maw's house yesterday,we lost Brady! We were looking all over the house and couldn't find him,we were in a panic. We finally found him in the back,in the screened in porch,in a kiddy pool full of water! We had it out there last weekend for him to play in,while we had a supper at her house. Anyways,he was happy,so we just sat down and let him finish playing. I took him out and took his clothes off,so while I was getting him dry clothes,he decided to pee in Maw Maw's floor :0
We went grocery shopping today. While we were checking out,I heard a woman saying owh,owh,owh,I immediately knew Brady was involved. I turned to see him holding onto this womans hair,he had a death grip. I apologized,but she said it was fine. Deep down she prob wanted to knock him out,lol. There is never a dull moment with this kid!
Brady is doing great,other than being a wild,stripping little boy. So far,we still have seen no seizures,since the VNS. We will start taking away one of his meds next month,hopefully it will go well.
anyways I will keep ya posted on anything new.

posted by angelwings @ 11:25 PM
   0 comments
0 Comments:
 
Home        Post        Edit        Post a Comment
 


What is Angelman Syndrome?

                 

About Brady

Read Brady's Story Here   

I am 11yrs old and I have Angelman Syndrome. I may have this syndrome, but I dont let it hold me back. I love life and live it to the fullest every single day. My mom says that our research organization, Foundation for Angelman Syndrome Therapeutics, is working really hard on a treatment or even a cure for me and my friends. I am thankful to have 25 words but I look forward to the day that I can carry on long conversations and talk so much that everybody has to ask me to please be quiet for a few minutes :) Anyway, mom says Im awesome and super funny and I have to agree,lol.

See my complete profile

Home      Post        Edit

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRADY BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  Check out our pictures in photobucket. Just click ...
  Well first off,Brady is standing here sniffing my ...
  Brady dancing at Angelman Walk
  Angelman Walk 2008
  Never Judge
  Well were back and recovering from our busy weeken...
  WOW!!! Do you guys see where were at on our fundra...
  Just wanted to let everyone know that the weather ...
  Say a prayer for us. The weather is terrible here,...
 
Archives
Interactive Seizure Diary

This downloadable Interactive Seizure Diary helps you track your seizure activity and medication routine. You can also record doctor appointments and notes about how you are feeling. Before a doctor appointment, print the information and share it with your physician.

Angelman Forum & Chat

The AS Forum was created in April 2005 and provides an easy way for family members and carers of people with Angelman Syndrome (AS) to exchange information with each other.

Cure Angelman Syndrome

The Foundation for Angelman Syndrome Therapeutics (or FAST) is an organization of families and professionals dedicated to finding a cure for Angelman Syndrome and related disorders through the funding of an aggressive research agenda, education, and advocacy.

Angelman Links
Angelman Blogs
All About Epilepsy