Click Here to Read Brady's Story
Sunday, July 08, 2007
Bradys hospital trip.
Well its been an eventful night here in the our household. Craig got called into work,so it was just me and the boys here. I had my back to Brady while he pulled the couch cushions off and was playing with them. He started screaming so I ran over to see what was wrong with him,apparetnly he fell while trying to get on the couch. He had a puffy eye and a small knot on back of his head. I finally got him calmed down and he was standing by my chair at the computer desk when he suddenly fell foward and hit the front of his head. He cried for a while,but didnt have any marks from hitting his head. So in a few minutes he was back standing by me at the desk and he just suddenly fell foward again,but I caught him this time. He was really upset,even though he didnt bump anything. I had him in my lap and he was acting really strange,really jerky and fussy. I called maw maw to come down to see if she could do anything with him,hes crazy about her. While we were waiting he fell foward in my lap several times. So when she walked into the room,he just started screaming again. She held him and got him calmed down. I told her to sit him up on her lap and see if he would fall over. In a few mintues he fell foward in her lap. I knew at that point that it was definately drop seizures,which he has never had before. He has many other types seizures,but never drops. So I called Craig to come home and we decided to take him and get him checked out just in case. I'm not sure if he had a drop seizure causing him to fall to begin with,or if the drop seizures came from his first fall. So anyway the doc at the hospital wasn't familiar with AS or with seizures in children. Brady had gotten back to himself once the doctor came in to see him. Brady was very hyper and back to his normal self. The doc asked if we could hold him still for a cat scan,but we said no way,he would have to be sedated. With the recent seizure activity I really didn't want to sedate him. The doc said that he seemed ok and that the knot was superficial. He left the decision up to us,without sedation that is. So we decided just to watch him for any strange behaviors,well stranger than normal anyway. We said if there are any problems we will take him back. I'm not so much worried about the seizures,we know how to handle those and can give diastat if needed,but him hitting his head bothered me. So were just watching him now,hes finally gone to sleep,poor little guy has had a rough night. Were going to follow up with the neuro and see what she says. I will keep you all posted.

posted by angelwings @ 12:55 AM
   2 comments
2 Comments:
  • At 1:13 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Poor Brady! Poor Momma and Daddy too! Glad to hear is is getting back to normal. Of course he would as soon as the doctor got in there! Little J and Princess J send hugs!

     
  • At 2:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Poor brady and family!!! Ihope everyone is better today.

    Love Deb

     
 
Home        Post        Edit        Post a Comment
 


What is Angelman Syndrome?

                 

About Brady

Read Brady's Story Here   

I am 11yrs old and I have Angelman Syndrome. I may have this syndrome, but I dont let it hold me back. I love life and live it to the fullest every single day. My mom says that our research organization, Foundation for Angelman Syndrome Therapeutics, is working really hard on a treatment or even a cure for me and my friends. I am thankful to have 25 words but I look forward to the day that I can carry on long conversations and talk so much that everybody has to ask me to please be quiet for a few minutes :) Anyway, mom says Im awesome and super funny and I have to agree,lol.

See my complete profile

Home      Post        Edit

Brady fed me supper!
  Bradys 4th.
  Bradys new skill!!
  Bradys day...
  Brady had a great day!
  Brady ate dishwasher tablet!
  Bradys day.
  Bradys new record!
  Bradys Day....
  Bradys got skills!
 
Archives
Interactive Seizure Diary

This downloadable Interactive Seizure Diary helps you track your seizure activity and medication routine. You can also record doctor appointments and notes about how you are feeling. Before a doctor appointment, print the information and share it with your physician.

Angelman Forum & Chat

The AS Forum was created in April 2005 and provides an easy way for family members and carers of people with Angelman Syndrome (AS) to exchange information with each other.

Cure Angelman Syndrome

The Foundation for Angelman Syndrome Therapeutics (or FAST) is an organization of families and professionals dedicated to finding a cure for Angelman Syndrome and related disorders through the funding of an aggressive research agenda, education, and advocacy.

Angelman Links
Angelman Blogs
All About Epilepsy