Click Here to Read Brady's Story
Tuesday, June 26, 2007
Brady ate dishwasher tablet!
Well we are redoing the cabinets in the kitchen as I mentioned earlier. I have fought Brady all day,trying to keep him out of the kitchen and have been successful til tonight. We had all the cabinets unloaded onto the floor and the table in the dining room,it has been a huge mess. Anyway I found a dishwasher tablet that had fallen out in the cabinet,so I laid it on the counter,planning to put it in the dishwasher later. So tonight I went through the gate to the kitchen with my arms loaded and couldn't shut the gate right away. Well Flash came in,and the first thing he done was grab that tablet off the counter and take a big bite. I think it was the Dawn brand,it had liquid in one side and powder in the other. He even pitched a fit when I took it away from him!!
So I quickly washed his mouth out and gave him a cup,but he started coughing and threw up right away. I called poison control and they said to keep him hydrated and watch him through the night and that he would most likely have diarrhea ,GREAT!!!!!
Hes ok right now,but is working on a big job for me,so I better get to it,its gonna be a long night. I will post more later. Ahh another day in Angeland,lol.

posted by angelwings @ 11:44 PM
   3 comments
3 Comments:
  • At 1:52 AM, Blogger lil 1/2 pint said…

    (that is so scary. i'm glad he seems to be okay.

    ::hugs::

    it's so hard to stay on top of these angels, they work so fast!)

     
  • At 8:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Brady I am glad you are alright. I hope you got some rest Steph.
    Love Debbie

     
  • At 9:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You can't help but love this angel! Try to look at the situation in a positive manner... Brady's hand eye co ordination has improved heaps... and the speed that he grabbed that tablet and put it into his mouth.. WOW! Now he jsut has to learn to put non toxic things into his mouth!

    Loving the electrial tape belt on the diper by the way... we do the same thing with Mitch otherwise he wears his diper as a hat...

     
 
Home        Post        Edit        Post a Comment
 


What is Angelman Syndrome?

                 

About Brady

Read Brady's Story Here   

I am 11yrs old and I have Angelman Syndrome. I may have this syndrome, but I dont let it hold me back. I love life and live it to the fullest every single day. My mom says that our research organization, Foundation for Angelman Syndrome Therapeutics, is working really hard on a treatment or even a cure for me and my friends. I am thankful to have 25 words but I look forward to the day that I can carry on long conversations and talk so much that everybody has to ask me to please be quiet for a few minutes :) Anyway, mom says Im awesome and super funny and I have to agree,lol.

See my complete profile

Home      Post        Edit

Bradys day.
  Bradys new record!
  Bradys Day....
  Bradys got skills!
  3am swim.........
  Bradys eating!
  Bradys day.
  Ode to Special moms.
  God Lives under the bed.
  Big boy!!
 
Archives
Interactive Seizure Diary

This downloadable Interactive Seizure Diary helps you track your seizure activity and medication routine. You can also record doctor appointments and notes about how you are feeling. Before a doctor appointment, print the information and share it with your physician.

Angelman Forum & Chat

The AS Forum was created in April 2005 and provides an easy way for family members and carers of people with Angelman Syndrome (AS) to exchange information with each other.

Cure Angelman Syndrome

The Foundation for Angelman Syndrome Therapeutics (or FAST) is an organization of families and professionals dedicated to finding a cure for Angelman Syndrome and related disorders through the funding of an aggressive research agenda, education, and advocacy.

Angelman Links
Angelman Blogs
All About Epilepsy