Click Here to Read Brady's Story
Monday, June 12, 2006
Update on Brady
Just wanted to let everyone that Brady is doing better.For those of you who dont know,Brady has been on a hunger strike.He went for a week straight without eating anything at all,thank goodness for ensure!Brady is a tough little cookie when it comes to him having to do something he doesnt want to.But with the help of the doctor and nurse,we held him down and managed to check the back of his throat,it seems that he has tonsilitis.So anyway he is on medicine for that,and eating a little better.He does still have days where he doesnt eat anything,but drinks ensure all day.But hey he is eating sometimes so thats better than going without for a week straight.

Also I took him to the doc because his legs are starting to look like they are growing inward at the knee.The doc and therapist agreed with me that something is going on.He also has what is called funnel chest,its and indention in the chest area.So we are trying to get him into shriners to be checked for these two things.I will keep everyone posted on what we find out.

Other than all that,Brady is doing really well.Hes still vocalizing,ga ga is his new sound for the week or month.We have also found a pair of shoes that he will actually keep on,so hes wearing shoes for the first time ever in his life.Hes climbing on everything,he even climbs up to the table and sits on the bench like a big boy.

Well I havent posted in a while so I wanted to update you all.

posted by angelwings @ 11:14 PM
   0 comments
0 Comments:
 
Home        Post        Edit        Post a Comment
 


What is Angelman Syndrome?

                 

About Brady

Read Brady's Story Here   

I am 11yrs old and I have Angelman Syndrome. I may have this syndrome, but I dont let it hold me back. I love life and live it to the fullest every single day. My mom says that our research organization, Foundation for Angelman Syndrome Therapeutics, is working really hard on a treatment or even a cure for me and my friends. I am thankful to have 25 words but I look forward to the day that I can carry on long conversations and talk so much that everybody has to ask me to please be quiet for a few minutes :) Anyway, mom says Im awesome and super funny and I have to agree,lol.

See my complete profile

Home      Post        Edit

Family Photos!
  Brady Climbs
  Brady's Birthday Party
  Brady is 4 Years Old!
  Angelman Walkathon
  Pics of Angelman Walkathon
  Maryanne, Sadly Missed
  This is Cowrin
  Having a Great Time
  Update on Brady
 
Archives
Interactive Seizure Diary

This downloadable Interactive Seizure Diary helps you track your seizure activity and medication routine. You can also record doctor appointments and notes about how you are feeling. Before a doctor appointment, print the information and share it with your physician.

Angelman Forum & Chat

The AS Forum was created in April 2005 and provides an easy way for family members and carers of people with Angelman Syndrome (AS) to exchange information with each other.

Cure Angelman Syndrome

The Foundation for Angelman Syndrome Therapeutics (or FAST) is an organization of families and professionals dedicated to finding a cure for Angelman Syndrome and related disorders through the funding of an aggressive research agenda, education, and advocacy.

Angelman Links
Angelman Blogs
All About Epilepsy