Click Here to Read Brady's Story
Tuesday, April 12, 2005
Brady Touched 3 More Lives Today
I just had to share this story with you all.It might not mean much to some of you, but I do hope it will. It really meant a lot to me. Anyway Brady and I went to the store today to pick up some picture frames that I had found a little while back.These frames are about wallet size and have magnets on the back.We are going to put pictures of objects that he uses in everday life in them,and stick the on the fridge.Hopefully he will learn to use these pictures to communicate with us,since he cant speak.
But anyway we were shopping and there was this lady that was playing with and talking to Brady everytime she walked by as usual.And then there was this other lady that had a child about Bradys age that was talking to Brady.
So we got in line and both the ladies ended up behind us.They were both talking to me and each other saying that they have older children at home and to enjoy my children while they are young cause they grow so fast.
And of course I knew that they were watching Brady laughing and flapping his arms all over the place,and thinking they wondered what was wrong with him.Why was he so happy?So anyway as I was talking to the one with the child and she asked Bradys age, I knew that she was prob comparing his actions to those of her child.It was fine I would have prob been too,to tell the truth.
But the lady that was checking us out asked what in the world I was going to do with 20 of those picture frames.So I explained that Brady couldnt talk and what we were doing with the frames,which she thought was a great idea.But she asked "what do you mean,will he never talk?'I said we just dont know he may or may not.Then she looked really puzzeled.So I said well here is my opportunity!!!
So by this time the ladies behind me had gotten involved in the conversation.So I explained to them that Brady had Angelman Syndrome and how rare it is.They asked the normal questions that everyone does,and I gladly answered.They wanted to know about how it happened,was it hereditary,was there any cure,those type things.One of the ladies even told me that she was going to put "Brady" on her prayer list at church.Of course I said thanks we can use all the prayer we can get.The cashier was apologizing and I said dont apologize, hes great!He will always be just this happy and just this innocent.We are blessed.One of the ladies even shared with me that her son has a very rare skin disorder and we talked breifly about how hard it is when its such a rare thing,to find a doctor that knows anything about it.It just goes to show that most people are really concerned and do care,and are not wanting to pass judjment on Brady like I feared before it all came out about him being an angel.You just have to open that door and let people in,which was one of the hardest things for us to do.
I know that all of those ladies fell in love with my little angel today,and he touched their lives just like he has so many more before them.I knew that God had a purpose for his life and I witnessed it today.He just brings people together and helps them realize how precious life is.And how people with disabilities are human too.They were just talking to him and calling him by his name before we left.They will remember that little angel named Brady from now on im sure.
I do hope that they tell eveyone that they know,that they met a real life angel today.I am just so pleased that I got the opportunity to share my angel with someone else and brighten their day.And got to educate them on Angelman Syndrome.

posted by angelwings @ 11:48 PM
   0 comments
0 Comments:
 
Home        Post        Edit        Post a Comment
 


What is Angelman Syndrome?

                 

About Brady

Read Brady's Story Here   

I am 11yrs old and I have Angelman Syndrome. I may have this syndrome, but I dont let it hold me back. I love life and live it to the fullest every single day. My mom says that our research organization, Foundation for Angelman Syndrome Therapeutics, is working really hard on a treatment or even a cure for me and my friends. I am thankful to have 25 words but I look forward to the day that I can carry on long conversations and talk so much that everybody has to ask me to please be quiet for a few minutes :) Anyway, mom says Im awesome and super funny and I have to agree,lol.

See my complete profile

Home      Post        Edit

More Seizures
  More Seizures
  Making a Wish
  Tubes done
  Brady had Seizures
  Getting Ear Tubes
  Mean ole Mama
  Where's the Seat Belt?
  Baby Overboard?
  Just Layin out with Friends
 
Archives
Interactive Seizure Diary

This downloadable Interactive Seizure Diary helps you track your seizure activity and medication routine. You can also record doctor appointments and notes about how you are feeling. Before a doctor appointment, print the information and share it with your physician.

Angelman Forum & Chat

The AS Forum was created in April 2005 and provides an easy way for family members and carers of people with Angelman Syndrome (AS) to exchange information with each other.

Cure Angelman Syndrome

The Foundation for Angelman Syndrome Therapeutics (or FAST) is an organization of families and professionals dedicated to finding a cure for Angelman Syndrome and related disorders through the funding of an aggressive research agenda, education, and advocacy.

Angelman Links
Angelman Blogs
All About Epilepsy