Click Here to Read Brady's Story
Sunday, June 29, 2014

Well we are getting ready for a big week :) Our Canadian Angel friends are coming to Bama to stay with us for a week and Friday we head to Florida for a big party with eight other Angel families. 
There are so many parts that I don't like of Angelman Syndrome but I will never regret the huge extended family that we now have because of it. We have an occasional bad day, but who doesn't? Our lives are rich and filled with so much love. Had we not experienced Angelman Syndrome, I'm not sure that we would have truly learned what a blessing each day and just how lucky we really are.
We don't need or want pity. All that we want is for our sweet boy to be loved and accepted for who he is...we have this :)
A few weeks we spoke with the manager here at our local Winn-Dixie. We asked if they might be interested in getting a special needs shopping cart, called Caroline's cart. Within weeks I got word that the cart was at the store! We went in a few days ago and tried it out, it was amazing. No more pushing a stroller with a 50lb boy in it, while shopping, and pulling a cart behind me all at the same time. Brady does walk but he gets tired after shopping for a while, not to mention he fully enjoys emptying the shelves as we pass by them, lol. This cart will help us tremendously and even more so for those people who have kids with special needs that can't walk at all. So a big shout out to our Winn-Dixie for looking out for our families here in Covington.
Anyway, I'm off of here for now. Have lots more to do before our company arrives. Pictures coming soon! 
 

posted by angelwings @ 11:48 PM
   0 comments
0 Comments:
 
Home        Post        Edit        Post a Comment
 


What is Angelman Syndrome?

                 

About Brady

Read Brady's Story Here   

I am 11yrs old and I have Angelman Syndrome. I may have this syndrome, but I dont let it hold me back. I love life and live it to the fullest every single day. My mom says that our research organization, Foundation for Angelman Syndrome Therapeutics, is working really hard on a treatment or even a cure for me and my friends. I am thankful to have 25 words but I look forward to the day that I can carry on long conversations and talk so much that everybody has to ask me to please be quiet for a few minutes :) Anyway, mom says Im awesome and super funny and I have to agree,lol.

See my complete profile

Home      Post        Edit

So today I am cleaning, getting ready for a case m...
  Such powerful messages in these pics.
  Bracelets and cookbooks for FAST
  Hello everyone! Just got a reminder about our bl...
  So just a quick post. Things are going very well h...
 
 
  Brady update
  Well its been a while but I wanted to let everyone...
  Brady pics
 
Archives
Interactive Seizure Diary

This downloadable Interactive Seizure Diary helps you track your seizure activity and medication routine. You can also record doctor appointments and notes about how you are feeling. Before a doctor appointment, print the information and share it with your physician.

Angelman Forum & Chat

The AS Forum was created in April 2005 and provides an easy way for family members and carers of people with Angelman Syndrome (AS) to exchange information with each other.

Cure Angelman Syndrome

The Foundation for Angelman Syndrome Therapeutics (or FAST) is an organization of families and professionals dedicated to finding a cure for Angelman Syndrome and related disorders through the funding of an aggressive research agenda, education, and advocacy.

Angelman Links
Angelman Blogs
All About Epilepsy