Click Here to Read Brady's Story
Wednesday, December 06, 2006
Update on Brady
Well its been a little while since we updated so I wanted to catch everyone up on what Brady is up to these days. Btw,thanks so much to those of you who follow Bradys blog.
Anyway,hes doing well these days. Brady told his dad "I love you",a couple weeks ago.So far hes managed to say I love you to his dad,and say luv my Bubba,Im starting to get a little jealous,lol.No seriously its amazing to hear that little mouth actually speaking words.The docs told to us to only expect a 2 to 3 word vocabulary throughout his entire life,little did they know he would even speak a sentence,way to go Brady.Hes up to nearly 10 words not,he might not use all of them all the time,but at least he uses them.Were so proud of our little man! Hes doing well these days,has been a little sick this week,but seems to be getting over it now.At the moment he hasnt slept much so hes laying around on the couch.Hes such a smart little cookie these days,I can barely keep up with him.Hes got such a way of figuring things out,like locks on gates!Hes also learning to bring me a can of his ensure when he wants it in his cup.He has been bringing his cup to us for a while now,when he wants something in it,but now we are teaching him to actually bring us his can of milk.Its amazing to watch him grow and learn so many new skills.I know that there is a wonderful little boy locked up in there,just fighting to get out.I can see the knowledge in his eyes,I can tell that he really does understand what we are saying to him.Most of the time I can see that look of just being outright stubborn,but hey what 4 year old isnt stubborn.I think he gets that from his dads side though,lol.Anyway things are coming along nicely. Hes doing well in thearpies,and in prek.Well he has escaped,so I better go find him before he decides to take a bath or go for a stroll outside.Hugs

posted by angelwings @ 6:52 AM
   2 comments
2 Comments:
  • At 7:15 PM, Blogger Zachary Rouleau said…

    I am glad that you guys are ok! Brady is on a good way! Continue! Thanks Steph for those news!

     
  • At 8:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Way to go Brady. You are such a big boy!!! Feel better soon.

    Debbie and Alec

     
 
Home        Post        Edit        Post a Comment
 


What is Angelman Syndrome?

                 

About Brady

Read Brady's Story Here   

I am 11yrs old and I have Angelman Syndrome. I may have this syndrome, but I dont let it hold me back. I love life and live it to the fullest every single day. My mom says that our research organization, Foundation for Angelman Syndrome Therapeutics, is working really hard on a treatment or even a cure for me and my friends. I am thankful to have 25 words but I look forward to the day that I can carry on long conversations and talk so much that everybody has to ask me to please be quiet for a few minutes :) Anyway, mom says Im awesome and super funny and I have to agree,lol.

See my complete profile

Home      Post        Edit

He's on it again.
  A day with Brady!
  Update
  Bradys trip to the hospital.
  Vacation photos.
  Trip to Shriner's.
  One Year!
  Beating up and sliming dad!
 
 
 
Archives
Interactive Seizure Diary

This downloadable Interactive Seizure Diary helps you track your seizure activity and medication routine. You can also record doctor appointments and notes about how you are feeling. Before a doctor appointment, print the information and share it with your physician.

Angelman Forum & Chat

The AS Forum was created in April 2005 and provides an easy way for family members and carers of people with Angelman Syndrome (AS) to exchange information with each other.

Cure Angelman Syndrome

The Foundation for Angelman Syndrome Therapeutics (or FAST) is an organization of families and professionals dedicated to finding a cure for Angelman Syndrome and related disorders through the funding of an aggressive research agenda, education, and advocacy.

Angelman Links
Angelman Blogs
All About Epilepsy